T Ford marine application

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: T Ford marine application
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 11:04 pm:

I saw my first "T" engine outfitted for a marine application. The engine was fitted with a hand shift marine transmission most likely forward and reverse. The casting appeared to be a factory assembly and is very substantial. Built in to the transmission unit is an oil pump as there was no conventional oil pan or fly wheel-mag assembly. The oil pan, engine mount unit is a flat section of heavy plate steel with four mounting holes in it. The engine was fitted with an electric starter however it was attached to the front of the engine where the flywheel was attached and sits open with no cover. There is a conventional distributor and single coil for ignition. It is unclear as to how the cooling was done as the water pump was missing. The exhaust and intake manifolds were installed inverted so as to direct the exhaust vertical through the roof and the carb was mounted directly over the hot manifold, a little bit of a concern. There was a small dip stick in the transmission to check the oil level. To change oil would require a pump. The entire assembly was a substantial looking unit unlike usual marine conversions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

David
Do you have any pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 04:35 pm:

I do have some photos but I will require some assistance to post them.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration