4 old photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 4 old photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

I found four old T photos today in the 50 cent box, at the flea market. I just had to save them . :-)

t pic 1

t pic 2

t pic 3

t pic 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

Cool Beans,good save!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 02:14 am:

Yeah! Looks like two different '25 coupes (based on the wheels and different accessories), an earlier coupe (with interesting cowl lamps and a few other accessories on it), and a center-door sedan.
A few other interesting cars in the one picture. I wish I could get a better look at the delivery truck.
Thank you for sharing Donnie B!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:00 am:

I thought the "subject matter" was good in all of them. The little girl with her doll, the way they are all dressed, I wonder if the delivery/hack was used at a "lake resort" somewhere. It appears to be taken at a "lake"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:06 am:

So cool that you saved them! I bet otherwise they'd have ended up in the trash. The "real survivors", if you will, are surely looking down on you Donnie with a smile. If we only knew the story....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:06 am:

I suspect that's a Sunday morning picture. Fancy dress, lots of cars parked by the church.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:16 am:

Great find and worth every penny. I'm with Wayne wanting to see more of the delivery. Another oval window top on the touring.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:43 am:

The second photo has got to be a Rockwell paining, just waiting to happen. They're great Donnie - thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:49 am:

The Coupe in the pic with the girl and doll has 5-lug demountable wheels. That seems odd, since it would have come with Ford demountables from the assembly plant. Was there some advantage to the aftermarket ones which would cause someone to switch them out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 11:13 am:

That Coupe with the girl and doll also seems to have a deep dish step plate or is it just shadows?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

The five lug wheels look like 21" to me. I haven't seen those before.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Curtis...Atlanta,Ga on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

I've got a '24 Coupe that I came with a set of 21" 5 lug demountables on the front. I assumed they were some aftermarket brand. Is that unusual? -Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 05:15 pm:

Thanks for posting Donnie, great photos. I agree with Steve, I think that was Sunday morning after church.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 06:49 pm:

I did not notice the five lug wheels! Good catch, guys. That means that coupe is probably a '24 with after-market wheels. Yes, several companies did make balloon tire wheels for Ts before Ford began offering them for 1925. Balloon type tires began coming around about 1922 if I recall correctly. Those balloon tire after-market wheels are fairly rare. I have only seen a few sets in all my looking. (Of course, if I keep missing that?)
Thanks all!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

On the third picture, are the front fender braces normal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

Is it unusual that the lugs are not spaced evenly on the 5-lug wheel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:31 pm:

Derek, the spacing does appear to be uneven. Never noticed that before.... Front fender braces were a common accessory, but that one is different than any I remember seeing before. There are several different types of accessories on these cars

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration