Old Photo - Flatbush Ave Brooklyn N.Y. Street Scene

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Flatbush Ave Brooklyn N.Y. Street Scene
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 10:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

Great old photos like usual Jay, you amaze me. This is the 2nd photo I've seen of the roll up rear section of the top. Was this just mods people did themselves back then to make it more comfortable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 11:09 pm:

John - No, the roll up rear curtain was standard equipment on all open Model T's up through the '14's. That said, there are lots of '15 and later open car owners who put them on also because they like them.

On my '14, I leave the rear curtain rolled up all summer for the great ventilation.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 11:17 pm:

Thanks Keith, looks very refreshing..:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Great picture. Just a trivial note on roll-up rear curtains. Most people roll the material towards the back which allows water to fill the roll. If you roll it towards the front it will shed water.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Looks like it's probably a '13.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Any idea what the signs on the sidewalk (22+00) signify?

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Paul,

Those are "stations" in reference to a set of engineering plans. Could be for street, underground improvements or any of a number other types of infrastructure. There is another one just ahead and he is on 50 foot stations (22+50).

My guess is that it refers to the street car rail line/electric lines as the engineer is calling out a feature in the street right of way at 22+15 (15 feet ahead of 22+00 and to the left).

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Standing on this corner today you would be looking at the Barclay Center.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 09:55 am:

I know Flatbush Ave. ( at least parts of it). I wonder what the cross street is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 07:40 am:

Cross street is Dean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 08:44 am:

Oh heck. Never noticed it on this small screen. Just didn't look.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration