Old Photo - One For The Road

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - One For The Road
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 02:23 am:

Looks like it has been rode hard and put away wet. 1914 touring cut-off into a pickup with a seat added to be a touring again.
Thanks again Jay!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 05:41 am:

...and your little dog, too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike dixon on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 06:56 am:

the girls look like they have been rode hard too,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 08:26 am:

http://www.retroplanet.com/blog/retro-memories/remember-when/coca-cola-bottle-shapes/attachment/coca_cola_bottles/ they have a few photos of coke bottles.

The dark one with the diamond shaped label would be my guess for what the women and the man are holding.

The car appears to have the fold back window of the 1914 style and since we cannot see a door handle protruding far above the top of the door, we know it is not a late 1913 with the 1914 style windshield. The top iron on the front seat shows that it was once a touring. The dark coke bottles began to be replaced by the more traditional style at the end of 1915. Iím not sure how long the overlap was when both styles of Coke bottles were used. I know when I was a kid the new bottles and old bottles continued side by side for years.

Lots of touring served later as light pickup trucks. And several of those went back to hauling passengers. If you look at Blackie on my profile you see where the touring was a cut off and someone installed a wooden back seat.

As always, a higher resolution photo might allow us to determine the date on the license plate. A license tag date does not necessarily date the photo, but does mean it was taken around that time frame unless the owner didnít update the license plate.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 12:54 pm:

I'm betting the woman on the right has NEVER been ridden !!!!!!!!!!!
just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

I think the woman in the front seat is the mother-in-law, and the woman in the back is the wife. The mother-in-law is boss.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration