OT - A Complete Waste of Electrons

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - A Complete Waste of Electrons
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:38 am:

About 10 days ago one of the levers on our toaster broke. I found and ordered a replacement part on-line. It arrived and is installed.

This morning I received an email from the vendor with a link to a survey. They wanted to know how the repair went, how it turned out and if I was satisfied. I wrote a lengthy paragraph explaining the study and preparation needed, the complexity of the operation, and the anxiety experienced while actually doing the repair. Of course, the truth is a monkey could have installed the new lever in 5 seconds.

Anyhow, it made me laugh. Talk about TMI!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 11:05 am:

I've never spoofed on a survey, but I've had my fun with telemarketers. After incessant calls from someone claiming the warranty was about to run out on my vehicle, I finally pressed 1 to talk to a real person. In my best backward @$$ redneck accent I convinced her that my only vehicle was a '72 Pinto with 300,000 miles on it and was very interested in getting some warranty coverage on it. She politely declined. I do believe I had her going, though. One of my favorite things to do with them is tell them that I am busy, but if they give me their home number, I'll call them back. They will tell me that it is against policy to give out their home number, and I will say "Why? You have mine. I want to call you at some inopportune time and interrupt whatever you are doing." They usually hang up.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration