Unusual 1914 (?) Steering Quadrant

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Unusual 1914 (?) Steering Quadrant
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

I have this quadrant with riveted case and flat-end levers. It certainly looks original to me. The quadrant is steel, but a similar, but thinner shape to the earlier brass one. It is not just a worn-out one, there are still notches.
Has anyone else seen one like this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

quadrant discussion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

Neat. I've never seen one like it. I have several 13-14 and 15 columns,some of the 15's are pretty early.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 06:50 pm:

i have had a few like that in the past, we always called them early 15 s for bulb horn cars. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

I saw one on an original '14. I figured it was from the time when Ford was transitioning into the '15 model year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

Looks like the one on my parents' 1914 late-September-built car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

Dad has a 15 roadster early like right around 700000 and it had one with a riveted case and a quadrant similar to the later one with a turned up edge and we replaced it with one a bit later just to please judges. I will never do that again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

Yup, late 14, early 15, I have had 4 total.

They are shown in some Model T books.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 10:41 pm:

That is what is on my July 2nd motor build number 14 Touring.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration