OT - Another seat for our K

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Another seat for our K
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 11:01 pm:

A quick update. Tom V. in Nebraska built us a second seat. I think it came out well, and now it's at our upholsterer in Fremont NE. We'll now have three choices, as Model K Runabouts had, no seat (deck only), single rumble seat, and tourabout style double back seat.

Period examples:

deck only

single rumble

double "tourer"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 11:40 pm:

Did you decide to do a complete red repaint ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 06:15 am:

Very nice. I can't wait to see that car pull into my driveway!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 06:30 am:

Rob,

The seat section looks great! That gives you a lot of options for hauling kids and someday -- grandkids.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 07:22 am:

Ed,
We're going to stay with the paint on the car for a few years as we work out the bugs. I've learned the hard way that a new paint job with fresh rebuild doesn't hold up well, so this time I'll excercise a bit of patience...

Denny,
You know, we were touring last year in Ohio with two Model K on the Glidden, however missed you. :-)

Hap,
Thank you. With a 15 and 16 year old, I hope the grand kids thing is a long, long way off......
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

Tom did a great job. That subtle curve back at the top is not easy to do. Many cars of that era had that.

Nice to see it.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

I had to think long and hard about the subtle curve for the back of the seats. Finally figured out how I was going to do it and it worked out great. Glad Rob likes it, I had a lot of hours in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

Boy, that's a brutally lovely curve on those seats. I'd like to hear the technique on how you did that. Beautiful work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

Looking good!! Sure will be a Amazing car when done
Nice meeting you today.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration