Wichita Kansas T bus and delivery truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wichita Kansas T bus and delivery truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 07:14 am:

I've been looking at Wichita Kansas early cars and came across these two photos and descriptions, courtesy "Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum:"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 07:26 am:

Holy smokes!! You better have everyone ride towards the front of the bus or they'll have the bus see-sawing on the rear wheels. I think it's been said in another thread but it's amazing what they did with a 83 ft-lbs of torque.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 08:06 am:

Another Wichita Bus. The photo is a little large but it shows some nice detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 09:33 am:

Great pictures guys.
Here is a Wichita commercial vehicle I took pics of recently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 02:10 pm:

The first photo of the Callahan Transfer Truck was taken looking in this direction on St. Francis Street South.

The building in the old photo is on the left. The open bays now have windows in them now and most of the buildings in the distance are gone. The Callahan Transfer Building survives! Wonder where the 1915 Model T chassis is today. The boys have long since passed.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

Bus Stop is still there. Those awnings on that building have lasted longer than I would have thought. <grin>

BUS STOP

Classy bus on E. Douglas and only about six blocks east of Callahan Transfer & Storage.

Ken in Texas

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration