Holley question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Holley question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Hunboldt, TN on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

I recently purchased a Holley NH carb brand new, not a rebuilt. I had heard that there was some modification that was needed on the Holley for them to perform well. Anyone know of this modification? Thanks, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

Hi Bob

I have purchased two of these carburettors from langs or Synders. one is on my 1910 and the other on the 1926 Apart from altering the linkage to suit the right hand control I didn't change a thing and they work extremely well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

What modifications? I think a stock NH works fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

I remember a few years ago it was mentioned that the fuel delivery through the float valve was drilled too small (on the repro carbs). That may not have been the exact issue but it was something was drilled too small. It used to be that what ever the issue was, Snyder's corrected them before sending them out. What ever the issue was, I'm sure it has been corrected.

I wished I had known two weeks ago that you needed an NH. You could have taken one of mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

Call Dave a Chaffin's. A friend bought one of these a few years ago and had an issue... Dave knew exactly what it was and was able to repair it quickly. I am sure he could provide details over the phone without guessing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

I helped Bud Scudder install one of the repro NH carbs on his '16 truck. It would not stay running until we swapped out the Grose Jet for an original needle and seat from a junk NH carburetor that came from his basement. Otherwise a nice part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

Recently I've found the new rubber tipped valve needles sticking in the float valves of two NH carburetors. I dug into my old carburetor parts and found some original style steel tipped needles and put those in. Much better. They actually work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

There is always the "Poor Mans Straight Through" modification :-) :-) :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Hunboldt, TN on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 09:19 am:

Gary T, We got the problem solved. I was loosing power in high gear on hills. Took year old Holley apart and cleaned it well. Problem solved. Also found out why my car was cranking slow on 6 volt. I was loosing 1 whole volt across the starter switch. The started was cranking on 5.4 volt. New switch on order. Thanks for the talk you gave at our club meeting on voltage drop to starter. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 09:51 am:

Losing power on hills can also be due to carb adjustment (too lean).

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration