A pretty girl, her horse, and a Model T all in black and white (PHOTO)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A pretty girl, her horse, and a Model T all in black and white (PHOTO)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 10:46 am:

On the street of and old Western Texas town.
Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Very nice depiction of that era including the sagebrush in the rear wheel.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

Saddle on the horse but no top saddles on the car......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

Instead of riding the horse they took the horse for a ride. Must have been fun getting the horse in the back seat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 03:29 pm:

Took me a second, then did a double-take on that horse IN the car! LOL, that cracked me up!! Can't believe the fantastic detail too of this picture. Excellent clarity for such a reasonably short focal length. And that poor radiator sure looks beat to crap!

I sure hope that little kid isn't hanging onto ol' Dobbyns leash, lest the horse take off and yank that kid right outa the car with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 04:58 pm:

Looks like the horse is tied to one of the top irons. Not only is the radiator beat up but the license plate is wedged between the radiator and the shroud blocking the bottom of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

'26 T, no headlamp bar. How early? Donnie? Black radiator shell and nickel rims on the headlamps. Great photo! I love seeing the little horse in the back seat.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 05:25 pm:

All that picture needs is and old yellow dog.
Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 05:47 pm:

Wait a minute... I thought they're HORSELESS carriages!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

Phone number: 41

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

Val, I figured that knotted mess on the top iron is holding the horse in the back seat down thoroughly...looks like the lead from Dobyn out back may be draped over it, leading over to the little kid. Maybe not. Hope not!

I'm still laughing about that cute little horse in the backseat. Wonder how many biscuits he left them!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Notice the date written in right under the axle 1927.

Lizzie had been ridden hard and put up wet in that photo. For a car only a year or 2 at the most old.
'26 model year sold what...late '25?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

There are at least two children in the car and also an adult driver. Likely, the driver is not quite certain that the car will continue to run and so brought along two horses, just in case.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

The owner must have missed his early Model T which had 22 horsepower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

There certainly must be an interesting story behind this photo, which unfortunately has been lost to history. To my eyes, the horse in the back seat appears to be a colt. It doesn't have an actual bridle, and a full size horse would never fit inside a Model T. Perhaps the horse tied to the back of the car is the mare?? One wonders if the owner of the T went to "town" on market day, bought the mare and her colt, and then had to improvise in order to get both mare and colt home to the farm???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

Several years back I worked with a couple guys that you would have to know to believe. Always drinking and doing outlandish things. One had rented a farm and one night they were out drinking and someone sold them a calf. The only way for them to get it home was to load it in the back seat of their Thunderbird (2 seater). I don't know what they ever did with the car but it wasn't something you would want to ride in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

I guess the horse in the back seat gives this Model T twenty-ONE horsepower? N'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk!!!

If the windshield posts have cutaways in their bases near the doors, it's an early '26 T. I can't recall when this happened during the 1926 production year, but I seem to recall that this feature denotes an early '26 model. From what I understand, this was a weak point in the stanchion and they tended to crack here. Making the base as wide in the back as in the front reduced this tendency.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 08:41 pm:

'Sorry, Dave Wells. I see now that you already commented on the additional "horsepower" this Model T had. :-)
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

That's ok Marshall. I said 22 hp because I thought the rope on the rear horse was long enough that he could help out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

Bet they let that 6v battery go bad, and have been hand cranking the ole early '26 Improved Ford for quite a while.

Note the license holder, correct for '26 with up placed bracket, but the license plate is stuffed into the lower radiator, under the radiator apron.

That plate is bent from hanging under the crank handle, so the owner put it up above the crank!

And the radiator core has been handled rough, lots of dings to the radiator fins!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

What are the three "strings" hanging from the right front tire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:52 pm:

Looks like this could be the "Ford Sister" to the car in this movie It is "Something New" Nell Shipman You need to watch this movie, at least the aprox. last 1/2 showing the abuse the car is put thru (start watching about 19.09) ... The link is from another post/thread, but it ties to this car very well ... "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koVprL05Mls

(Message edited by dobro1956 on March 22, 2015)

(Message edited by dobro1956 on March 22, 2015)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration