Need help in identying this item

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Need help in identying this item
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David W. Peaspanen on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 10:48 am:

I found, in my 150 year old barn, a wooden case with two heavily corded wires. There is a thumb knob on the top and a metal plate on the side which reads "Eastern Electric Company", Cleveland, Ohio..Patent appl'd For No. 3074.I will submit pictures and would really appreciate any information you might have on the piece. I have been told that it had something to do with the Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 11:57 am:

David, as the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David W. Peaspanen on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 12:24 pm:

I'm having a hard time posting a picture as everytime I try I get a notice that the picture is larger than 250kbs......most pics are much larger than that..any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

www.picresize.com

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

Try to get the file size on the pics to just under 194K for best results. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David W. Peaspanen on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 01:38 pm:

Thanks...I will try...this is killing me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 02:42 pm:

Sounds like a coil used with a hotshot battery to charge a cattle wire fence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

If Charley Shaver wasn't in chickensaw he'd say go to the other site, click, click....done. (big wink)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David W. Peaspanen on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:13 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David W. Peaspanen on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:16 am:

Pic 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David W. Peaspanen on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:17 am:

Pic 3Pic 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David W. Peaspanen on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:33 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Canton, Mi on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 09:39 am:

They have a lot of patents, but I think this is it

https://www.google.com/patents/US2723323?dq=Eastern+Electric+Company,+Cleveland, +Ohio&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ciIMVeDKEoWnNoTzg8AI&ved=0CCoQ6AEwAjgK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 09:51 am:

The patent is from 1950. I think the unit looks much older?

I like the lampholder plug :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David W. Peaspanen on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

The "attent Applied For" is 3074....not visible in the picture...if that helps. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David W. Peaspanen on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

OOPS "PATENT APPLIED FOR"

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration