Oregon 1915 license plates

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Oregon 1915 license plates
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 06:49 pm:

Trying to find out what a brand new never mounted set of 1915 Oregon license plates are worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd fetch close to $300.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

Heck down here in Cal a old used Cal plate for the 30s thru the 50s gets more than that in used condition. Some of them well used. Must be a different market for Oregon plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

I paid $400 for a near mint DMV clear 1915 California plates that are on our 15 roadster/pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

Jay
The one's I have are very mint Oregon plates like I mentioned never been mounted and not a blemish on them. I want to find some Cal 15 plates for my Roadster. A guy in LA has a set of real mint ones but he wants 700 for them. Sound like you made a pretty good deal on yours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

You should try and buy our veteran number plates, $220,000 for #97, I have a customer that comes in with #21 on a 1970's Benz, that would be up around the 1/4 mill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

Hi Frank, Boy those are more expensive than gold. I guess what you guys call veteran plates are the same as our DOM [ date of manufacture ] plates. How do you tell what year they were issued?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

Richard, can't really, but if you can find old records you can get close, plates issued back then to a car which could be from any of the police stations in any town, so plates can be on the shelf for a long time, when issued, they can stay with the car it's whole life. For about the first 80 years, if the car is de'reged then the plates needed to be handed back in and destroyed, but for some time now they changed to a trading commodity bringing those big dollars for the very old numbers.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration