6 Volt battery for $ 42

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 6 Volt battery for $ 42
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 07:37 am:

I bought 2 new group 1 6 volt car batteries at Sams Club today for 42 dollars each plus the refundable core charge. This seems much lower than I have paid in the past for 6 volt Model T batteries. At that price i am replacing my old batteries. Here is a link.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-commercial-battery-group-size-1/prod359023 4.ip?sprodId=prod3590234

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 07:53 am:

Wow Dave, that is a DEAL!! Almost double that cost at parts stores around here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 08:20 am:

Just checked availability / pricing here in Lansing, MI. $79 here...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 08:43 am:

Hmmm. I don't need a battery right now, but even if I did I would be out of luck....

"ONLY AVAILABLE IN AL, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VA, AND WV"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 08:48 am:

Same here in northern Ohio...$79. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 08:58 am:

Just over the bridge Dick! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 09:04 am:

Dick, IL is just a bridge away. :-)
Six volt batteries are often lower priced at a farm supply than at the parts stores. I think the last one I got at the local Orscheln was about $60. Not as good as the Sam's club deal, but not bad. If you need one, check Fleet & Farm, TSC, Orscheln, or whatever farm supply is in your area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Bud and Steve, yes... I realized that after I posted and looked more closely at the list. Still, I don't need a battery so even the Sam's Club deal is an unnecessary $42 expenditure. Oh, well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

I buy mine at Fleet Farm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

Is it the same battery or is the $42 job lower cranking amps? Perhaps there's not much call for them and their dumping stock that doesn't move.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

For goodness sake do check the date codes. I got pickled good when I bought the weird long 12 volt battery I put in my 47 pontiac because it was the first 1 on the shelf to reach. It was several months old and did not last long. Sometimes the shelf time of a battery on sale is long and that is why they lower the price,to move them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

Lookalike ago od deal, unfortunately not in califunny

Specifications
BCI Group Size:1
CA at 32 degrees F:800
CCA at 0 degrees F:640
Reserve Capacity:130
Volts:6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

Tony...were you in the suds before you wrote that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 06:11 pm:

Here in Tn. 79 bucks, bought an
Exide today for 72 tax and all. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 06:52 pm:

My luck with Exide batteries is: ZiLCH, NADA, ZERO, BAD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

Is the cheapest price always the best?? When i bought a large pair for the diesel pick up they had a good price and warranty but when i bought for the 5'th wheel the warranty was not as good.I think some are now made in china and we all know that brings!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Allen on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

Sounds like "Cheapskate Engineering" to me...
Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 01:00 pm:

I have no idea who makes the Country Tuff batteries for Orscheln, but they last OK for me, and start up a six volt truck or tractor with no trouble. I agree with Mack. Do check the date before you buy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

Well, at the risk of joining the argument, I have all sorts of old tractors and equipment that use 6 volt batteries. The best I have found in recent years, bar none, are from Batteries Plus. $75 installed with a full TWO year non-prorated guarantee. I have been firing up tractors that sat over the last winter and every 6 volt battery from BP is up and started the tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

If it sounds too good to be true, it is. I was at the Knoxville, TN
Sams today. They have the same Durocell 6V battery in stock at $79. Checked at the customer service counter and the internet price is also $79.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

Stan - "Batteries Plus" here in Tacoma is a very busy place, right near Tacoma Mall. Maybe that is the key,.....a very busy place that does a lot of business and sells a lot of batteries, hence good inventory turnover and FRESH batteries,...???

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration