New rear spring tie bolt sample just came in Mase In U.S.A. see photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New rear spring tie bolt sample just came in Mase In U.S.A. see photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 09:30 am:

I just got the sample and it looks good for the high head rear spring tie bolt, they should be in next week
take a look
will be making the front soon, Bob
We made the threads a bit longer so it can be used on all rear springs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 09:31 am:

We are also making the thick head water inlet and outlet, very soon, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 10:12 am:

NICE! And Thank You.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 11:41 am:

Wonderful!! I hope you don't mind, but I'll hold off on my order until the fronts come in too--saving shipping costs!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin cox on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 02:13 pm:

Do we order from you or are the T vendors going to sell them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 02:28 pm:

All the dealers will be getting samples to see if they want to list them we will have them 1st starting next week, Bob's Antique Auto Parts
815-633-7244
the part # is T-3838-OR
Cost is 6.50 each, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 02:52 pm:

I think Henry would be "Proud A YA"........
Looks good...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

It does look nice. I know I would like to get a couple myself, but I too will wait for the front ones as I need those too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Good looking job, thanks for making them. I will order both front and rear when the front spring bolt is available. When the one broke on our 13 rear spring, I finally located a badly rusted original and nursed it back to life. I plan on replacing both in the future. This is a significant safety item! I wonder how many T owners are using standard square head bolts to hold their springs together and keep them centered in the cross member ? Thanks again, Robert!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

Now if someone could make the spring U Bolts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 09:19 am:

I have some rear u bolts but cost to make the fronts is about 6000.00 plus machining and finding a good foundry who will cast them for under 25.00 each is not a good investment at this time, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 10:01 am:

Great Bob. Now how about the front ones that you are working on? As far as the threads on the new rear you are making, there was no need to do that, because they only used a 6 leaf on some of the 23-25 roadsters. The 9 leaf springs probably used a longer rear bolt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 10:13 am:

This is 2 15/16" under the head and I put it up against a 8 leaf rear spring and still plenty of room for 9 or 10 leaf, they can be cut down but this way it will work on all springs, the print on the front is at the mfg. company now should have quote next week, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 11:01 am:

How is that bolt made? It kinda looks like it was turned from square stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 11:54 am:

Yes on a C N C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

Robert, Looks good, I will be ordering some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

Ken,
That is a much less expensive way to go for a short production run (like under 5K or so) than to take round stock and upset it to from the large square head (probably the way the originals were done). An automated lathe can turn these out fairly quickly once it's programed in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

Nice, please keep after a way to make the front u-bolts, it will not be long till there will be no more good used ones. Ill be ordering some of the tie bolts as soon as you have them, thanks for making them ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

Is the head as tall on the front tie bolt as on the rear?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

No a lot shorter making off the Ford print, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 02:45 pm:

OK, thanks Bob. Do you know when you'll have the front bolt available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:39 am:

Hopefully in a few weeks, waiting on quote, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

Ok. Please post a picture of the final product when you get it.

Thanks Bob!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 10:53 am:

Bill Barth had a box of NOS early rear spring tie bolts at Chickasha, and front ones too. The fronts were the later style, and were in 7 and 8 leaf versions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 02:46 pm:

I was wrong these are machined from round stock, should have price on front tie bolt this week also making correct water inlet and outlet bolts with thick heads,Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Rear's are in stock, I will be out of town till Friday, Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration