Arvin Heater

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Arvin Heater
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 05:47 pm:

Last fall there was a post on Arvin Heaters. Came across this ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

I am very happy to see that add. I looked a long time for info on Arvin Heaters when I was working on my heater. While mine may not be that particular heater I did phony on the Arvin name to give a look of being authentic. It ended up better than the Heat King name I picked for the first one I did. Someday maybe we will nave the whole story.

Rich

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/386580.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J and M Machine Co Inc on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

I have never seen any of the Arvin style manifolds before.
I thought this is unique enough to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

Without the shroud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

I still have some heater questions.
First, Is the one in Gary's ad a manifold and heater or just a shroud for the Ford manifold. $1.75 is pretty cheap for a manifold, shroud and the damper control even for the early twenties. Also 15 minutes installation time might be less than changing manifolds would take.
Second, are the manifolds we have shown here really Arvin? I hope I did not mis-lead anyone by my adaptation of the name to the heater I have. I did not have any proof of mine being a genuine Arvin.
I hope someone with more knowledge that I will have answers.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 12:24 pm:

Rich,

I have the one shown in the above ad on the '19 Hack. (yeah, an enigma wrapped in a paradox as far as an open Hack is concerned, but someone had already cut the dash shield for it before I bought it). The ad (and mine)is just the shroud as at the front there is maybe only 1/2 inch clearance to the standard manifold.

I drew it up once for Bill Stripe who was thinking of making some new ones up...but don't think he ever got around to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

Thanks George. That helps. The other heaters with the special manifold were very popular. I have seen several of them. They could be installed without cutting the firewall.
Glad to see your Arvin.

Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration