I need some California help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: I need some California help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard e moore on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

Just sold my 26 roadster pickup I restored to buy a 1911 open torpedo. The car came from the San Bernadino valley (spelling)area and ended up in Tennessee. It was owned by a man named Carl Bergman who bought it from the first owner. It was stored fo 60 years used only for car shows as i was told from the man I bought it from and was only used twice by him. He said it was scary to drive. I'm trying to find anyone who may know anything about this car. It won 1st place in 1966 in the national automobile association competition. I've only been at this sport for a year now but I know by reading the forums you guys are on top of things. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

You may get hold of Chafins garage and The Tin Shed, local T shops that may know something about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard e moore on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

Thanks Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

His name pops up from articles in the 80s, was a member of rusty relics. Carl Bergman lived in Lancaster once upon a time. He had a Union 76 station at the intersection of Sierra Highway and Lancaster Blvd. Was friends with Tom Hall and Ed Houtz. Don't know if they are still around. I could find nothing more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

He was alive as of 2010 according to this
newsletter.
http://local.aaca.org/antelope/Articles/e-groven2010.htm

(Message edited by Ed in California on March 19, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

I knew Carl, but not well enough to know who was really close to him in regards to Model T's. Ed's link refers to the Carl Bergman Old Car Games, but those games were named for Carl after he was gone. I can't remember for sure, but it seems like Carl died in the early 1980's.

I have pasted Richard's original question into an email to one of my friends who is (as was Carl) a founding member of the Antelope Valley Region, AACA.

Will get back to you when I hear back from my contact.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 10:48 pm:

Post script to prior message:

Whatever we hear from any of Carl Bergman's friends, remember that it will be 30+ year old information. Carl had many cars, and may not have driven your car very much. His car interests were extremely diverse. So your best bet will be to work with somebody who is well versed in early T's and evaluate the car as you find it today. Anything else will be 30 year old hearsay at best.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 11:42 pm:

Did Carl have a Model TT popcorn wagon? I remember a really nice older couple, Carl and Alta (I think their last name was Bergman) who used to display at the Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum at Vista Ca. The popcorn wagon was beautiful, the popcorn good and their company was the best. Really nice people... Sorry for the drift, just wondering if this is the same Carl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 09:55 am:

Dennis, Yes that would be Carl & Alta with the popcorn wagon.

Richard, PM sent with contact info.

Dick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration