MTFI website/fourm

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: MTFI website/fourm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 08:23 am:

Anyone know whats going on with the forum? Appeared to be down last night and still down this morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 08:25 am:

I could never get in it, so I gave up. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 08:51 am:

It's working now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:23 am:

I can't get on it either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:30 am:

I can't get on either (err. server not found) but when Is is up, the sound of crickets is deafening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:49 am:

Status improving, click on MTFCI and get back: 123

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:50 am:

Home page looks to be down, but the forum is still up. http://modelt.org/mtfcivb/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

Forum is working for me, home page is down.
http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/forumdisplay.php/2-MTFCI-General-Discussion-Forum

I very seldom go the the home page unless I want to see the classifieds. Even then, they have better classifieds that are linked to the forum page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

I can get into the forum but it will not allow me to log in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bumgarner on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

www.mapwsm.com for registration

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Steve,

That link goes to a swap meet website when I click on it. Might want to check again.....

This is the registration link for the MTFCI Forums:
http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/register.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

There is something called USER FRIENDLY that is totally missing from that website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

The server problems experienced this week will happen, and I'm sure the bugs will all be worked out in time.

I personally find the MTFCI website to be a well executed, feature rich site, and I like it. However, I have a relatively current dual processor PC, running Win8, using a high speed broadband connection which I think has allowed me to view and use it in a relatively trouble free way.

Many vendors will tell you their software is backward compatible, which may be technically true, but because web developers want their "work" to look good with all the sexy feature available and working, they can unsuspectingly create a nightmare of glitches and incompatibility for older platforms.

The dichotomy is this; It is very difficult, if not impossible, to have a website with the the features of theirs that runs like ours.

To you Steve B., Keep up the good work! I had the opportunity to feel a teeny bit of your pain when my son recently advised me that I was a Luddite for continuing to keep our dinosaur "legacy" system... He's an avid under employed Gamer. Humble I shall remain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 10:31 pm:

Except for the Black back ground on the home page and classifieds from the home page, running Windows XP, I have no problem navigating their site.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration