IMPORTANT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: IMPORTANT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Recently I posted to the classified section looking for some hassler shocks for my T. I posted my email in one of the responses. Yesterday I received an email asking if I was still looking for a set. I emailed back saying I am. This gentlemen sent me a picture of an incomplete set with a price of $130 including shipping and letting me know how to transfer the money. The picture was familiar so I googled hassler shocks and started looking through the images. I found the exact image that he sent me; it was from a post on the forum from a few years back. The person that posted this is from NJ and this guy (different name) claims to be in AL. Knowing this was not the owner and believing that I was being scammed I asked for other pictures of the same and he said that is the only one he had on his computer. So, just a heads up to everyone that people are out there looking for opportunities to steal from you, even here. Good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:35 am:

I've gotten several of those "Are you still looking for..." in response to ads on Craig's List, and others. Seems to be an almost standard lead in for the scammers. Always a flag for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:49 am:

Brian: Several years ago I was looking for a pair of Cal license plates, well I rec'd an answer that this guy some. So he sent me a photo and I asked for both plates front and back and he could not do that. Well I told him to have someone hold both plates and take a photo, but it turned out to be a scam. The funny part is that the guy was in London England.
So you have to be real careful on these kinds of ads. OT But I just had an offer that if I pay $28,600 my $10,+++ million would be sent pronto, but if I did not send the money I would be brought on charges for not paying the fees. You would not what to know what I told him
Have a happy "T "ing day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:50 am:

s/b this guy had some

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

I can understand the effort to benefit ratio when someone tries a $10,000+ scam. What's difficult for me to grasp is Brain's example. Is it really worth their time and effort to get $130? Of course I guess if someone was doing lots of $130 scams on an ongoing basis it might be profitable, but it seems to me honest work would be easier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:59 pm:

Hmm, another reason to make access to the classifieds a MTFCA membership benefit.

Thanks for the heads up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 02:03 pm:

Definitely disagree with you there Dan B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

Hello Brain have you found a set of hassler for your car?It seems sum love them and some hate them Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 03:11 pm:

Brian : Just in case you don't know it Rocky Mtn wont work with the Hassler shocks. I was going to install them till I saw what that there was no room and the set up would not work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

You can search where a photo may have come from by using Google's Image Search page:

https://images.google.com/

If you happen to have the photo in question on yer desktop, just drag it into the search box and Google will possibly return the pages that the photo appears on, or pages with similar photos.

Happy Hunting!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 07:49 am:

Thanks for the tip Garnet. That is really handy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 08:01 am:

They're also great at sending semi-convincing texts about things you have advertised also. Their lousy grammar/vocabulary is a dead give away. I love when they ask if you're the "first owner" of the model T you're selling!! Yeah, like I'm 100-103 years old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 09:10 am:

Garnet, that is impressive. I pulled an image off my hard drive that was taken when Dirk Regter was in St. Louis on their world tour in 2013 and Google found where I had posted it on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 09:34 am:

Scams are everywhere.I got scammed a month ago trying to get a replacement cover for a walk in greenhouse from Big lots.I delt with the company,out of china of course. The manufacturer had me send money to a address in NJ and I was supposed to get the cover. Been 2 weeks and aint got it yet.Going to be to late before long to even get to use it.
Basta-d's ought to be hung from a tree that scam.
The sad thing is they work just as hard,if not harder,at scamming than if they just got a stinking job in the first place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 11:21 am:

I have only bought and sold parts in the classified section from/to people who have posted questions and answers on the forum. It is insurance in my opinion.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration