Old Photo - Model T Era Repair Shop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Era Repair Shop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:34 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Looks like a Model 32 Hupp on the left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:59 am:

The one radiator has a policeman as a cap topper and a dual lift jack set up under the front axle as well as an anti-kicvk back above the crank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

We have a 1914 Model 32 Hupp roadster that has been in our family since 1958. The one in picture is a touring. Neat picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 12:25 pm:

I don't think that's a anti-kick device.

It just holds the crank up when not in use - to keep it from dragging in the mud, etc. Put the handle at 12 o'clock and flip that bracket forward.

Note the spinning wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

That device could be a non-Ford version of an Oakes Crank-Lok. Anti-theft device - insert crank, lower double fingers over handle & install padlock.

Have one on our '14 Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 03:51 pm:

That left front wheel is spinning. LOOK OUT!!!
I don't recognize the second car. That rear spring and single friction shock seem unusual.

Jay has pulled another great one out of the Hat.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 04:15 pm:

I'm pretty sure that the second car is another Model 32 Hupp. The have a transverse spring and that funky link to the pumpkin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

Both model 32 Hupps. Electric headlamps likely mean '13/'14 maybe '15 (lamps could have been changed?). The other one has an electric tail lamp.
I can't tell anything from the license plate other than that they are not from Califunny. I don't know when that policeman cap-topper came out, but this is about the earliest picture of one I have ever seen.
Both cars do look like they could be a couple years old.
Great photo Jay! Thanks all!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 05:56 pm:

I was thinking there is no question who the boss man is but, it almost looks like there is a police badge on the front of his pants. That would indicate the car with the policeman topper is his. Anyone else here see a badge?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 06:02 pm:

I see what you're talking about Dave, but I think it's a watch fob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

I was thinking there is no question who the boss man is but, it almost looks like there is a police badge on the front of his pants. That would indicate the car with the policeman topper is his. Anyone else here see a badge?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 06:25 pm:

Could be Henry and sorry about the double post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

It's a watch fob.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration