T for sale Hemmings 3/20

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: T for sale Hemmings 3/20
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

Red T
$34,900
It is listed in today's Hemmings on line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:29 pm:

Here is the link.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/ford/model_t/1648913.html

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

*whistle* Poor thing. Someone might could save it but $34.5k?!? LOL

Plus it's billed as a 1919? It looks more like mostly early brass. I don't know all about the earlier cars but that looks like a very early radiator, early headlamps, early everything except the drive train.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:38 pm:

To each their own, but that picture makes me think of a lot things I could do with $34,900...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hwdcne on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

I didn't realize they put that type of wire wheels on a 1919 T! And a Jaguar suspension? Wow!
Would make Henry Ford turn over in his grave! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:40 pm:

Factory optional wire wheels with IRS with inboard disc brakes very innovative for 1919.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:48 pm:

Built for a back seat horn blower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

I mean someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you dropped that body with all the trimmings on an early drivetrain you'd instantly have a very lovely 1910-12ish touring car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

$35k for a parts car -- to use just the body? What happens to the factory options?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

Too bad, it has a waterpump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

Man I hope that wasn't a good original that was mutilated to this. Maybe it was a put together from a pile of parts. To each his own but if I wanted a street rod I'd build something from the mid 30's to the 50's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 03:23 pm:

Model T ????????? Really.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 03:43 pm:

They did capture a lot of the charm of a 1909 Tourabout. Could have been worse. Still a shame.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

Wow, that really is mostly a T, isn't it? If not, it's an exceptionally detailed (albeit ugly) hot rod.

I only want it if the lights are gas and the crank is usable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 05:03 pm:

Why do they do this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

I feel so sorry that someone would take a classic car and destroy it! This is a 1909 - 1911 Tourabout body with a gutted drive train. I have the original which has not been tampered with. In fact, I have restored the carburetor and ignition system back to factory new condition. What were they thinking?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

Makes you kinda sick inside...doesn't it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 06:32 pm:

I bet someone buys it and thinks its wonderful. I bet that was what he was thinking about. Ebay would get him a better audience. Its some hotrodder's dream!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

Where's Henry when we need him. I want to see him walk around it, rip each door off (okay it has no doors), bash in the windshield and stomp the roof in. Just to send a message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

Just plain sacriligious! :-(
Hyep yep yep yep

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

Sadly, It will probably sell for more than a correctly restored original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

That car was for sale in Arizona about ten years ago on eBay. It appears to be made from a real 1910 Tourabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

There otta be a law!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:49 pm:

Looks like one of those new taxi cars they have been pushing for in New York to replace the horse.

Darel, You sure know how to push everyone's buttons! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:56 pm:

This car was discussed about a year ago when the Uncle Bud's museum closed & sold off all of the collection. There was a 1916 Touring and some other neat stuff in there. Our local Pantera club got a tour just before it was shut down to widen the 91 freeway in Corona.
Don't worry, no actual Model Ts were harmed in the construction of this replica Hot Rod :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 12:31 am:

Oh, dear!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration