Finally got a new rad.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Finally got a new rad.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

Some of you may remember I was trying to decide which radiator to get, Berg's or Brassworks. There was lots of good advice here and it was a tough choice to make. In the end, I chose Brassworks. I knew it would always bug me if I didn't get the most correct one possible. Of course I did get flat tube as I drive my car everywhere. I ordered it from Snyder's as they have them in stock. The did a great job getting it to me really fast and at a stunningly cheap shipping rate. This rad is a thing of beauty. I can now see why they cost so much. Looking forward to no more leaks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

Either one is expensive, but you will never regret the purchase if you drive and enjoy your T. Give us a report after you get it on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

Dave, great purchase! Believe me, I've bought two black and one brass so far and glad I did each one. Like you said, no more leaks, and now, no more hot engine. That flat tube will keep the temp down nicely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

It sure looks nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

Dave,
You'll be glad you spent the $.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

looks good dave I had mine done by a guy in Lindsay does real nice work works real good

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:32 pm:

Yes, you can only patch up the leaks for so long and then you realize a new rad is worth the money. I actually gave some thought to buying the Mac's Mystery Rad but knew better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:52 pm:

Very nice Dave, best of luck with it. And i think its great we can still get these quality products from some great vendors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 11:30 am:

Thanks John. While I'm here, can someone tell me what the three hook on the rear bottom of the rad are for? You can see them in my second photo. I don't remember seeing them on my old rad that is now gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 11:53 am:

Dave, they hold the headlight wires that go across the front of the engine.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

Thanks Rick. I never would have guessed. It certainly makes sense. One problem though. There is no wiring going across the front of my car. My wiring runs along each hood shelf to each headlight. I did rewire to whole car using the excellent wiring kit from the vendors and it has worked perfectly for years. Did I do it wrong?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

This drawing is titled, "1922-25 all models". From Dave's profile I see he has a 1919 runabout.

Can someone post a similar drawing for pre-1922 cars?

wiring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

Mark, your diagram pretty much looks the way my car is. Here is the actual diagram I used. It is for '19-'25 cars. Looking at the diagram, it appears to show wires running across the front but that's not the way the wiring is. I'm guessing the hooks on the rad are for holding accessory wiring for modified cars. Do original Ford rads have these hooks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 01:20 pm:

Forgot the diagram.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 01:30 pm:

Two things can take lots of frustration out of owning a Model T, a new radiator and a new gas tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

No doubt Michael. It will be nice to have one of the two taken care of. I just test fitted the rad and it is a perfect fit. As for the gas tank, it has a tiny leak which I will try to seal. I got a feeling a new gas tank will be next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 02:10 pm:

Brassworks makes their High Radiator generic to fit '23-'25 and '26-'27 cars. The '26-'27 only use the little clips along the lower tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Allen on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 02:57 pm:

If you think the high radiators are beautiful, you should see the Brassworks brass era radiators.
You know you can order direct from The Brassworks if you want to. The owner (Lee) is very easy to work with. Being from California, I drove there (Paso Robles) and picked it up thereby saving the shipping cost.
Here is a picture of the one I got:

Regards,
Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

Jon, that is really nice. Dan, my car is a '19 so it has the low rad. It still has the clips. I guess some people would want them there. I also talked to Lee and was considering ordering from the factory but decided to order from Snyder's. Ohio is much closer to me than California which made the ground shipping faster and cheaper. They also just got a fresh shipment of rads from Brassworks.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration