More Chickasha photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: More Chickasha photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

Here are the photos I took at Chickasha. There may be some repeats from the other thread but maybe Ill have a different view ...

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

The next three pics are of our spaces and motel/bedroom. :-) :-)

I will posts some pics of my treasures later if anyone is interested ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

The ninth photo of the maroon Dodge truck is my truck and the two ya-hoos (model A guys) who go with me ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

The unpainted speedster body was made by my son Jeff. It sold in the parking lot on the way in.he was thrilled. Now to make a few more...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

What was the price of the 30 model A bug?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

Kenneth, sorry but I never asked .... :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 11:44 pm:

I`d sure like to know if someone bought that roadster pickup body with the red fenders that was on the trailer next to the building???!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 11:52 pm:

I`d sure like to know if someone bought that roadster pickup body with the red fenders that was on the trailer next to the building???!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 11:54 pm:

Woops sorry about the two times!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 12:10 am:

model a doodle bug was asking price of 1500. they were driving it around, dont know if it sold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 12:17 am:

I suppose Royce snatched up those waterpumps at a good price, and purchased all 3 of them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 12:27 am:

What was the asking price on the power unit? I am loving it - would have been coming back to Massachusetts with me.

Only comfort in these photos is that the running gears pictured are not TTs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Fenton on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 07:50 am:

I think the power unit went for $700. I talked to the young man that bought it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 08:01 am:

He got a deal on that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 08:07 am:

Great pics,absoutely post more, Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 09:00 am:

The Cushman/Allstate trike would make a nice restoration project. Weren't most of them in that config, ice cream vendors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:22 am:

Great photos. Thanks for the Maxwell ones. Almost as good as being there.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 11:31 am:

Heres pics of my finds. Those who say there is not much to buy, are not looking hard enough ...

The book in the photo above is all camping supplies for the model T era. Ill try to show it later in a separate post. It is a very interesting book if you like old camping stuff.....

The crank shown above is a nice "Sure Mike" counterbalanced crank. No comments as to how good they are. They are about as controversial as water pumps ..:-)

The item shown above is a ashtray/lighter/cigarette dispencer. It designed to clamp to a aprox 3/4 inch thick wood dash. It is going on the speedster project. (No, I do not smoke) I just liked it ...

Shown above is a NOS set of "snubbers" for a T.. They replace the front spring clamp, and one rear spring clamp.

The two photos above are of the "power unit conversion stand" that Clayton delivered to me. I bought it off the Forum classifieds, and he brought it to Chickasha. Thanks Clayton, I also bought the pulley and governor fan at Chickasha to complete the conversion unit ...

shown above, are two nice/useable (without a ton of work) four dip pans, They are getting hard to find ....

The last pic is of some of the "non T stuff" for e-bay that helps pay for all of this and next year ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 11:44 am:

Nice score ! Appears you dug through every box to find that many front engine/spring mount U-bolts !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

I second Donnie's comment. If you didn't find much, you must not want much. I didn't buy as much as he did, but here's what my lavish spending got me:

Wednesday
Two 30 x 3 non-demountable clincher rims with 12 NOS hub bolts
Coil box lid
Two figure eight shackles
Accessory pan arm
Front cover alignment tool

Thursday
Six Hayes demountable clincher rims
One 30 x 3.5 non-demountable clincher rim
One figure eight shackle
Two New Day timers

Friday
Twelve hose clamps
One good Hayes felloe

All three days: Nice visits with lots of good Model T folks.

I squandered $221 on the parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

I agree with Donnie, there is a lot of good stuff there. There is no stack of NOS New Day timers for $25 like there supposedly used to be but there is a lot of good stuff. Many people seem to want to just cruise by a booth without digging and seem to be only looking for one or two things that they think should be laying on the edge of table.

I didn't get much of a chance to shop, I was busy with carb customers. I also didn't need a lot of anything but I scored some good carbs, a few other little things and was looking for that New Day timer that Donnie has in his pictures.

One of the great finds this year was a box of NOS Stromberg Carb parts for 20's Strombergs. I have been looking for years to find some, Kim Dobbins saw it first and came and told me about it, I zipped (that might be exaggerating but I walked quicker than I usually do)over to the south building and bought it right away Thursday morning. Dozens of choke arms, economizer needles, accelerating venturis, etc. It was a smoking deal, even tho the guy who had it bought it the day before for 25% of what he charged me for it. I paid what it took to get it, he deserved a profit and I thank Kim for telling me about it. I had a good meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

Steve Tomaso, I bought "every" front spring clamp U-bolt that was in good shape, that I could find. They are not reproduced and they are very prone to "strip out" from years of use. I ended up with 21 of them. as well as three of the accessory plates for using the early U-bolts with the later Y-bolt. I dig to the bottom of "every" box there, and start early. The Chicago trans was bought about daylight as we were lining up. We were #7 in line this year (I guess old age is slowing me down). The best buys are usually at the bottom of a pile of trash.... There were lots of great deals on things I passed on, just because I already have lots of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

I don't need it, but I so want a power unit. I will have one someday.

Thank You for the photos Donnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 09:03 am:

Even with attendance down, there was plenty of eye candy to be seen. It was a cruel twist of weather that left outside vendors dodging the showers, that certainly impacted the visitors count. Many thanks to all the good folks who worked hard to organize this, the folks who stopped by to check out the stuff we brought, and the many others who I rarely get to visit with in person. Extra special Thank You's to Kim to and RV, for the much appreciated logistics help.

Also had the opportunity to visit Don Boulin's (apologies for spelling Don)private museum. Don's needing help locating parts for his 1906 Studebaker Tonneau. Nice if someone may have copied Don's list, and could maybe post it here.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 10:44 am:

I next year, I'll go for Tues and Wed and Thurs, and leave Thursday evening. That way I'll save a nights lodging. I did find a few things on Friday morning, but a lot of people were packing up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 10:54 am:

I got a nice, very low miles, set of used 21" Firestone tires for my T. Had a load of fun. Was disappointed somewhat by the decrease in the number of vendor's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 11:16 am:

Hey Donnie, Did you or anyone else take a picture of Joe and Julie Huygen's 1915 depot hack in the south building? You took a picture of it's NON SKID right front tire. It went to NC Was an incredibly good meet! I got to meet Kim Dobbins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

Did anyone get a picture of the back half of the 1909 Touring body that someone from this forum was taking to Chickasha?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

I didn't get to go this year due to family health reasons but thanks to Donnie B. Royce P. Steve J. and others I may have missed it looks like there more than enough T parts as usual.
I wonder why Howell's and some of the other vendors weren't there that some mentioned being absent.

Hope its good next year and with good positive feed back it will be.

I'll continue to go as long as I can since its the largest pre-war meet for me that's the closest.
Thanks for all the great pics! Ready for next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 01:38 pm:

Rick, Look at the picture above the "Non Skid" photo. I believe that is the Hack... It was a nice T ..... Larry, and others. Friday is usually load up day. They usually start to load up around noon, but this year the rain just made it where they started earlier, even though Friday was supposed to be no rain... We show up Wednesday for the parking lot sales and leave afternoon on Friday. We camp in the south building on the spaces, with air mattresses, electric blankets, a microwave, and they have showers. I have stayed in worse motel rooms before. We are at the meet every minute, and no travel time to the motels, or restaraunts, so no time wasted. We wake up each morning with old car parts all over our "bedroom" and while we are eating our bowl of cereal for breakfast, the view is beautiful. Where else can you see a "sea" of old car parts from your dinning room table. :-) :-). Like I said before in another posting, "it don't get no better than that" Not to forget the old friends, new friends, and my two friends who go with me, that I get time to visit with .... :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration