WOT- Gas can gasket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: WOT- Gas can gasket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Mokelumne Hill, Calif. on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

Anybody here ever come across any material to make a gas can cap gasket that actually seals AND doesn't grow to double size after contacting gas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

Try cork or leather;
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/2119

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

Cut a piece of cardboard from a tablet back or shoe box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

Cardboard, good idea. You might soak it in paraffin to protect it from the gas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

Leather works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 12:09 am:

TO TED AND ROBERT: I needed a gasket and this will be a good way to try.
Thanks

Bill d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 04:51 am:

A local auto supply should have cork for cutting your own gaskets. Why pay for shipping that costs more than the product? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 05:03 am:

I keep my old worn-out boots to salvage the leather uppers for gasket making.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 07:56 am:

There ya go, Dave. I do the same. That way there's no cost for material or shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:57 am:

How about an O-ring?
Are you talking about a metal gas can? Or a plastic gas "can"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 02:38 pm:

I've used the top from a Chinese soup container. If you don't like Chinese takeout you can get a 1/4 pound of potato salad.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration