Ballston Spa NY before the automobiles-Photo, A Kodak moment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ballston Spa NY before the automobiles-Photo, A Kodak moment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 08:08 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 08:13 am:

WOW!! that is cool being it is about 15 miles from me. I think I know about where that was taken too. A lot of the tow has remained pretty much the same---one of those that likes to preserve history.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 08:43 am:

"Ballston Spa was incorporated as a village in 1807." I got that from Wikipedia. The dates on the sign looked like 1817 and 1917 to me, but they're 1807 & 1907. I reckon that would explain the lack of "machines" in a small town.

It's interesting that the store on the right sells "Kodaks." The Model T of photography, the Brownie camera, was introduced in 1900.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 08:49 am:

Undecorated, same picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 09:28 am:

Found the modern picture, but I cant figure out how to grab it to post here---and my sniping tool has long since disappeared since a virus was deleted from my computer years ago.

Anyhow, the first two buildings on the left are long gone, and the whole right side of the street is gone too. There is a gas station on the right corner now and a large brick building after that.

How late would a red brick building have been built? The above pictures are early 1900's, 1907 from what I have found

(Message edited by Chad Marchees on March 22, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 09:34 am:

Chad, here is a brute force method:

Size the picture to nearly fill the screen, then hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard.

If you have Microsoft Word, open it and click "paste". The screen print will be pasted into your Word document.

Right click on the picture in the Word document and save it as a .jpg file to your desktop.

Check the file size of the .jpg file and resize it to a file size of 194 KB or less.

Then you can post the .jpg on the forum. Once you have the .jpg file on your desktop, you can close Word without saving the Word file.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:13 am:

Thanks Mark!!

Same picture---maybe about 8-10 years later best I can tell---looks like some cars up the road

Here we are at 2014. I had to get a little more of a shot towards the right so you could pick up on the building on the left to see it was the same shot.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration