WTB '26-27 steering gear case

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: WTB '26-27 steering gear case
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 11:28 am:

I posted this in the classifieds but I need to know by tonight, or I'm going to bid on one.

I need a gear case that will work on a '26-27, mine is broke. I understand that the 4-1 cases will work. Does anyone have one that they would be willing to sell inexpensively? There is a older one on ebay, that ends tonight, but I'd rather give money to someone on here instead.

Thanks, Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

Pat, some other member correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the gear cases used after 1917 were interchangeable; only the gear sets are different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

So contact Dave Huson, his ads are in the classifieds, easy to fine, the title is in all CAP's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 08:04 am:

Pat, I rebuilt one a couple years ago, I wanted 5-1 ratio in an early tube. Best I remember I had to use the 26-7 case and match up a set of gears. Even using used gears I had to timesaver for a final fit as everything went together really tight. I think there is a difference in the length of the stop grove between the early and late. Maybe someone else will chime in here. KGB

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration