Louisiana Lizzies???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Louisiana Lizzies???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Obier on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 11:10 am:

We used to have a MTFCA chapter in Louisiana. Does anyone know what happened to it? Is anyone interested in starting a new one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

I remember a group in New Orleans long ago, this would have been the 1970's, fellow named Chris Brauner I believe it was...had a building full of cars including numerous T's...and I think the group was associated with a national club...there was also an early T, 1910, in New Orleans...at the time, brass cars were a rarity in Louisiana, most of the interest was in later cars..

Surely there are enough T's in the area now to start a chapter...I'm not there now, I'm just from Alexandria, Louisiana, and lived in New Orleans for five years after graduating LSU....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

There is a MTFCI chapter listed in New Orleans:
http://www.modelt.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=15#L A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

There are only 3 T's driven regularly in the Lafayette area and 2 are mine; Dexter Doucet has the other. There is also 1 TT driven around town. I know of another half dozen in the area but some aren't road worthy and some are just stored away. Some owners are afraid to drive them. The La. Lizzies just died from a lack of interest as far as I know. Last time I talked to the former pres IFRC he was wanting to sell his touring but that was about five years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

I live right outside Baton Rouge and wish there was a chapter or club close by to help with ideas for my project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Swamps, bayous and rivers make getting together with T's difficult in south Louisiana. Only 3 ways across the basin and none of them safe for a stock T in my opinion. Too bad because it would be nice to get together with other T guys. For those unfamiliar, the Atchafalaya Basin is a formidable piece of real estate, over a quarter million acres. Lafayette and Baton Rouge are on opposite sides. Jason, maybe you and Bill could get together!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Obier on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 09:17 am:

John & Jason,

Do you ever trailer your Ts?

I have a TT which is just to slow for long road trips, but I am working on a Fordor and may even build a Speedster.

I plan to take my Fordor and Speedster to Ocean Springs, MS once ready to drive, but I will put them on my trailer to transport.

Sure would like to get together with you guys!

Take care,

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 10:36 am:

I don't own a trailer large enough but have been thinking seriously about getting one. Just an open 5x12 would do for these relatively short hops. Bill, what year model is your Fordor?

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Obier on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 09:55 am:

John,

I have a 26 Fordor in need of restoration and 26 TT running.

Bill

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration