Long distance T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Long distance T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fritz Hady Mt. Top,Pa. on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 02:51 pm:

Back in 1986 I was privileged to go on the Great American Race from Disneyland in Ca. to NYC for the unvailing of the rebuilt Statue of Liberty.Most memorable was two school teachers from Louisiana who drove a T from their home to Ca.,ran the race to NYC and then drove back home. It was a black T,don't know the year,they had no support vehicle,their back seat had a lot of spare parts but they were on their own. As far as I know they never broke down.I was amazed!!! Fritz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

If I didn't have to work all summer, I might try something like that too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:04 pm:

Was it these guys from Mississippi in a 1913 touring car?

http://www.nwvs.org/Technical/MTFCA/Articles/2201GreatAmericanRace.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

You can see them (along with everyone else) in this clip. Thank you, Google...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns3T5hyQ0c8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:17 pm:

They must have slept in the car too. The beginning of the article say the cars were from "the homeless carriage era".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

They where homeless must have been because they spent all their money on a water pump.
Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

Found another one. This is an hour long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8sUjuwLk4k

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 08:19 pm:

Ginni Withers drove the original Thomas Flyer. Wow. And a year later, she drove the original Bonnie and Clyde 34 Ford from Disneyland to Disney World.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

Fritz,
Those 2 intrepid Model T enthusiasts were, indeed, from Mississippi. The owner of the '13 touring was the late and great Randy Harding and I just saw his sidekick-Kirk- last week at Chickasha. A side story has them getting lost in NYC in a very slow car and, flying their state flag that includes the Stars and Bars, they drove through Harlem. :0(

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration