Steering wheel screws

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Steering wheel screws
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

Ok, I'm going to ask a question, just because I'd like to know. I have two steering wheels, I took both of them off to refinish the '26-27 one, which is real good shape. The other (year?) is just the center metal ring, with a little coating around the screws, and has a real good spider.

My question is, what type of screws should be holding the spider to the ring? In the picture, is what I took out. The two center screws on the left are brass machine screws, with two odd wood screws. The wood type screws on the right came out of the good '26-27 wheel, and are all the same.

I was thinking of using 10/32 oval head machine screws when I put it back together.

Thanks, Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:31 pm:

I believe they should be oval-head wood screws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 04:24 pm:

RV anderson sells them and they are nice,correct size also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

Correct size is #9 x 7/8" oval head steel screws. Jack is right; I do make them and have them on hand. PM me if you'd like a set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike bartlett Oviedo,Fl on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

I always thought they were no. 5?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike bartlett Oviedo,Fl on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

I always thought they were no. 5?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

There are different size screws for the Fordite and wood rims. The vendors stock both in stainless steel.

Respectfully, jb

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration