Touring Door panel photos.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Touring Door panel photos.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:08 pm:

These are somewhere between 1915 and 1925. I thought the detail might be helpful to someone. I plan to use them on a future project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:32 pm:

Was the metal trim piece around the latch handle used on all years? My 1924 just has a hole in the cardboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Richard,

These are in the rear of my 1925 Touring. The door hinges give away the year but other than the hinge itself, the door probably is the same.

1925 Inside Door Panel

The same metal trim is around the latch opening. The 1925's have the equal hinges that make the doors appear to droop.

I believe the rears will fit back to 1914. The front door is unique to 1914.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

Does anybody have an extra metal trim ring that goes around the latch they can sell me? Since my 1924 cut-off touring is now a pickup truck, I only need one trim ring. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 03:49 pm:

Mark send me a e mail I might have the one pictured, Bob
modelt2001@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 04:22 pm:

I should note that my doors have the later latches with the bend in the handle and the unequal hinges.
Ken, it is good to see yours. Very much the same.
My '14 doors as well as the body panels have a dimple in them under the hinge, top and bottom. The '14 hinges (left) have one hole spaced differently than later hinges (right). '15 may be the same as '14.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

Bob, thanks for the offer, I sent you an email to the address you provided.

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 06:20 pm:

The 14's and 15's (not sure about 16's, but I think they're like '15) used a different door handle/latch mechanism and the hole through the door panel is in a different place than the '17 and later ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

That door on the left of the first photo looks like that of a '16...those handles had a twist to them. '15s did not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

My understanding of the latches is that Left to Right are '14-15, '15, '16 and later and '25 and earlier. I don't recall when the change from straight to angled was made. I assume this has been discussed here before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

My early 16 Touring (november15) had front passenger and rear driver like #2 and rear passenger like #3. It was a rusty basket case when obtained in Boise, ID but was mostly complete. I thought at the time, being new to T's in 1991 that this was incorrect so changed the odd one in the rear. Since then I have wondered if it was correct as original to the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

My early 16 Touring (november15) had front passenger and rear driver like #2 and rear passenger like #3. It was a rusty basket case when obtained in Boise, ID but was mostly complete. I thought at the time, being new to T's in 1991 that this was incorrect so changed the odd one in the rear. Since then I have wondered if it was correct as original to the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

The door latch on the right was used in '24 and '25, along with the new two screw striker plate.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration