Pronunciation?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Pronunciation?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 04:49 pm:

My guys are putting together a quick video on their T project and would like assistance with the correct way to pronounce Chickashaw. Chick'-a-sha? Chick-a'-sha? Other?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

This seems to be the online consensus, and is what I have always heard from the people who go there.

http://www.forvo.com/word/chickasha/

(Click on the little blue arrow to the left of the name.)

(Message edited by dick_lodge__st_louis_mo on March 24, 2015)

(Message edited by dick_lodge__st_louis_mo on March 24, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 05:47 pm:

there is no W. CHARLEY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

It's spelled Cickasha and pronounced "Chick-a-shay." Chickasaw is the name of an American Indian tribe based in Ada, OK but not the name of a city in Oklahoma.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

Oops -- I left an "h" out of Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 06:28 pm:

I nhoticed that yhou dhid that, Mhike.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

Thanks guys. That's all very helpful. Please pardon my "w"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

The cutest chick I ever saw
was a chick, chick, chick-a-shaw
'gal'

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration