Clutch Shaft wanted.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Clutch Shaft wanted.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dillon on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

Hello out there,
i was wondering if someone could help me, i am currently getting a 1914 Model T roadster back on the road for a friend and am after either a new or secondhand clutch shaft for a L/H drive Model T, the head hog is cast iron and the clutch shaft end were the slow speed connector fits is riveted on to the shaft, i have contacted Snyders and they cannot help with secondhand parts, as i am located in Australia of course all out vehicles are R/H drive,
if anyone can help i am happy to pay for parts and postage, kind regards
Chris D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

Chris -- You might try Lang's. They have lots of used parts and do ship internationally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dillon on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

Thanks Mike for replying will give Langs a try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

Try Model T Haven. They have previously used parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

Chris, might be easier for you to fabricate a new one from 5/8ths" inch cold rolled steel. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Can you post a picture of your shaft? If your slow speed connector arm is riveted on, I suspect a machine shop could easily make you a new shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 11:25 am:

I believe the '14s are still two pieces, so make sure you get the early one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 12:25 pm:

I might have one, going out of town till Friday, let me know if you do not find one, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

Chris; My brother is wanting to convert his 26 to right hand drive and I am sure if you will help him find the parts he will find you your part. He may even have one as he has tons of parts and 10 running Ts.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration