Question about Hasslers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Question about Hasslers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

I have a complete set of single Hasslers with two extra springs and one set of double front.

Iv measured the spring strength of the singles by placing the spring on a set of bathroom scales and with a long bar pressing down one inch using the same point on the bar and the same place on the scales on them. These are the numbers I got in pound, 114,114,127,40.38.

Im not sure if the doubles are for a TT or a car, Maybe some of you guys can tell the difference.

If the doubles are for a car, Can I use them with a set of singles on the rear until I can find a set for the rear.

On the singles, Which spring tension should I use for the front if I can't use the doubles and which spring tension should I use for the rear?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

Just updated my address, Melbourne Florida

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

Will,

I don't believe you can use the "twin" springs in a single base - O.D. is smaller, I think without heading out in the container to verify - I have tubs full of single springs - you need a pair ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

Will,

I have a set of single rear Hasslers available, either Pancake or early style. Send a message and we can talk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 02:26 am:

Will: The top of the double hasslers are way too small to work with a single set up. The top arm of the single hassle is way to wide to fit in a double spring. Hassler produced the doubles for sedans and coupes not tourings.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 08:16 am:

Good morning everyone,

Thank you all for the information. It seems my question was misinterpreted, I do tend to ramble.

I have complete set for the front with the mounting brackets for the double Hasslers as shown in the photo but I do not have a rear set of double Hasslers for the car at this time but I am looking for a set.

I do have a complete set of front and rear set of single Hasslers with the mounting brackets.

The question I was asking is can I mount the front set of double Hasslers with its mounting brackets on the front and install rear set of singles with their mounting brackets on the rear?

If someone has a set of rear double Hasslers in good shape they would be willing to sell me it would solve the problem completely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 08:17 am:

Photo of the complete set of doubles>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 08:19 am:

Photo of complete set of singles>

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration