"Rare" Model T wrench for sale. What a deal!!! :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: "Rare" Model T wrench for sale. What a deal!!! :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 07:36 pm:

Get a load of this guy, LOL.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-other/hamilton/model-t-hubcap-front-wheel-bearing-sp indle-wrench/1059091220?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

Oh thank Goodness! I've been searching EVERYWHERE for one of those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

The price is equally rare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

Dave - I guess the guy just subscribes to W.C. Field's theory,......and the guy is just looking for that "sucker"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Indy 22 on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

Damn, I have mine listed for $625.00- probably cut my price to compete. Such a deal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Snort! You know how it is when somebody says something funny at lunch and milk comes out of your nose?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

Just think how much more expensive it might be if it was well done!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

Now come on guys, he just put the decimal in the wrong place and his zero key stuck ... ... Should be 4.50. ... At least that's what I have sold mine for ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

I contacted the seller (just had to). He said I was wrong and he has already sold some for $300.00 each. I guess he figured he was giving them away. You guys in America should bring your old parts here to sell them in Canada. This kind of thing is normal here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Georgetown Ontario Canada on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Dave - I saw that and sent him a message too......I didn't get a response though. I have a bunch in the garage......guess I'm rich! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

Greg, if I were you, I would pay a visit to a car museum and try one of those wrenches on every car there. It just might fit a Rolls Royce. Think how much those guys would pay?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

O.K. Did you not know that it is a tarnished Gold Plated wrench. It just needs a bit of polishing to make it look like new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 07:56 am:

I sent him a note to I have four of them I would let him have all four for 350.oo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 09:20 am:

Rare - (of a thing) not found in large numbers and so of interest or value.

What a small exclusive group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 10:24 am:

It is, after all, the correct Ford wrench for adjusting the front wheel bearings with cars equipped with steel spoke wheels !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 10:45 am:

Good chance to list your wrench(s) on same site for $100.00 ea. Would look like a bargain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Might as well Gary. The ads are free. I would try selling two for $450.00. That should give you a solid edge over your competitor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 11:42 am:

Dave and Mike... You should cut a deal with him... As a sales agent for you. Imagine what he could sell a water pump for!

Down here in the lower 48 we'd call That a shovel ready job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

Here's another example on the same site. The seller has had this car for sale for YEARS at $19,995. It never sold. The answer? Raise the price another six grand!!! :-)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/markham-york-region/1921-ford-model-t/1018273 134?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

"But honey, I'm trying to sell the car - really I am it's just a sign of how bad the economy is and........"

Smart guy there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

All their other cars (except for two) are post-2000. They don't seem to know much about older cars. No wonder they think this is a Coupe.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 08:59 am:

So the example car is a part of history. I spent three years documenting a local Model T Coupe, owned by the common man, to nominate it to the National Register of Historic Places. The nominated car survived the various economic ups and downs, the Depression of 1929, the floods of 1939, the scrap drive of WWII, the rush for the chrome fins, the muscle cars of the 1970's, and various other atrocities that are the demise of old cars. If you are going to state that a particular car is a part of history or is rare, have proof. And please do some research on just what you have at hand.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration