BOSCH FRONT PLATE MAGNETO

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: BOSCH FRONT PLATE MAGNETO
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

We are in the process of making the Bosch Front Plate Magneto. I am missing one part. Would someone please loan me the long timing control rod? I have the short one and everything else. This would be greatly appreciated and I will pay for all the shipping. Thanks Glen Chaffin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 12:31 am:

I think you meant to say Bosch front plate distributor. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 02:55 pm:

You always have to point out my faults.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 04:22 pm:

LOL! I'm sorry I don't have that setup to share Mr. Chaffin. I was super excited for a minute at first cause I thought you really meant the Bosch front plate magneto (triple gear drive for DU-4 or similar).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

Nice Exhaust Manifold Seth. Wish I had one of those. HA! I once had a NOS Bosch magneto. Took it to the Long Beach swap meet to sell and someone stole it out of the back of my truck. The old Chaffin luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

I posted a unit on the classifieds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Rodell, Jr. on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

Is the piece you are looking for about a foot long with a small ball and socket joint on one end?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Haha Glen, I love this exhaust manifold! Besides giving my T a great sound, it makes a very noticeable difference above 30 mph. I don't have any numbers but cruising at 30, I can get on the gas and it pins me back in my seat way harder than when I had the stock exhaust. With my setup right now running a low head with domed pistons and a .280 cam I run about 40 mph with the throttle lever only 3 notches down. I pulled the throttle all the way down once and was still accelerating when I chickened out and slowed down. I checked my GPS speedo and saw I had been up to 62 mph. I don't know how fast she will go and I don't know if I want to find out.

Ed - I checked out the unit you posted and that's a very fair price. One thing I would mention is that you are missing the drive shaft. There's a solid shaft that should go through the brass bushing, with a key on one end and then threaded for a nut that takes a 5/8" wrench for the smallest gear. On the other end (towards the magneto) there's a flat plate attached to the shaft with holes on the ends for short bolts to drive the coupler. It's not very complex but will have to be made also in order for the unit to work. If you look at my picture you can see the edge of the plate and one of the bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 11:13 pm:

Every opportunity I get. Only this time you made it easy. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

Seth, Howard Genrich was kind enough to give me his Dual Exhaust manifold if I would reproduce it . How could I turn him down? Great product. We have been fortunate to make a lot of good products.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Glen, I've got one. I've tried to call all day today but nothing but a busy signal. You're welcome to call me at the Auto Ranch. 509-535-7789

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tomlinson on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

It would be great if someone would reproduce the spark control linkage for the Bosch triple gear mag drive. There are a lot of units out there without them. Mine is one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 10:53 pm:

Glen,
Do you plan it being a complete kit? The front plate, distributor & linkages etc?
If so, around what price will you retail it?
I'd love to own one, but with the Aussie dollar presently fetching just 78 US cents, I've gotta keep a close watch on my spending.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 10:57 pm:

I almost bought one of those handsome Chaffins dual exhaust manifolds for my speedster project.
But on RHD cars the thing exits right where the lowered speedster column transits the firewall. Bummer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration