Model T Bandsaw?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T Bandsaw?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jason macintyre on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 07:47 am:

Has anyone ever seen something like this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 07:53 am:

Never!! It is fantastic!! Did you or your Dad make that Jason?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 08:00 am:

Way, Way, Way COOL! Basic necessity and gets the job done just don't let OSHA look at it! BTW I love the simplicity of the machine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 08:06 am:

Several years ago there was a thread on the forum regarding tools and other items made from model T parts. I don't remember seeing anything like this at that time.
I wonder if that can be found.
I think Stan Howe had something pretty neat at that time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jason macintyre on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 09:07 am:

From what I was told it was made in Midland Ontario during the twenties, a factory built piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 09:46 am:

That's the coolest Model T thingy I've ever seen. :-) :-) :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 09:53 am:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/atq/4926823737.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 10:17 am:

Oh wow!!!! If I could get that from Kansas City to Massachusetts, I'd be grabbing that!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 11:22 am:

Here's one that a friend found at a swap meet, made of T parts. He has it on display on the porch.

Top end of this band saw. Adjustment for band tightness.

The wheel felloes are lined with wood and leather segments to hold the saw blade turning true. Iron wheel is for the belt to turn the saw. Pretty neat old time creativeness!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 11:45 am:

On the rig that Wes posted, those guards could easily be replaced by a set of radiator shells that are beyond saving for a vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

OH MY GOD!!! That is one of the neatest things I have seen yet!! That would definitely be the corner stone of any Model T'ers woodshop--I know it would be in mine if I had one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 05:26 pm:

That wood bandsaw is gorgeous. What a piece it would be to have in a workshop!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration