Latest old picture of my T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Latest old picture of my T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

I have another picture of my 1919 hack.
This helps to fill in the time between our removing the T from storage in the mid 50's and my driving it to a football game with the cheerleaders.

This was most likely taken in the late 50's

The man in the passenger seat is Earnest Alm, the previous owner, and most of the others are his family.
My dad is driving and I am in the blue seat in the back. I believe that my brother is in the middle of the back seat.

The exciting thing is that this is a picture of the ride my dad gave Mr Alm after we restored the car and he pointed out the tool box he added next to the hand brake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

Fred - That's a really nice picture, and you're very fortunate to have it for its' historical value in relation to your T and your family as well.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

Use Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 to sharpen the picture and shift the color towards green a bit:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

Mark. Thanks for adjusting the picture.

Now I can see the wood strips alone the edge of the driveway.

In the "old days" they were used as an edge when they put down new blacktop.
I can remember our excitement when the dirt driveway was paved.

I also remember getting into trouble when I spilled some gasoline on it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 11:57 am:

A few more pictures --

These were taken in 1957 because the license plate is for 1957 and the inspection sticker good to 1958.

I was 12 years old!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration