OT Scam warning

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Scam warning
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

Got a second call from these guys today DON"T BE FOOLED http://www.zeropaid.com/news/98757/psa-the-computer-maintenance-department-scam- calls/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

This is why I love caller I.D. If I don't recognize the name/number, I just don't answer it. When we notice the same number popping up with any frequency, sometimes we just push the "talk button", then the "hang up" button right away, just to antagonize the bastards!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

I received an interesting call today that turned out to not be a scam. About 2 weeks ago our clothes washer pooped out. Given its age and history we decided not to spend any money attempting a repair, instead we'd replace it. So, after a hurried review of what's available we decided on a particular make and model (hurried due to running out of clean skivvies :-)).

Next I shopped best price for the selected unit. Turned out Lowe's not only had the best price, they also had one in stock. So, I cranked up the TT (that makes this not OT), went to Lowe's and bought it. Within ah hour I was washing skivvies.

That was two weeks ago. Today Lowe's called me to say my washer had arrived and do I want to pick it up or have it delivered?

At first I suspected some sort of scam, but when I told the young lady who called that I had purchased the washer two weeks ago she said,"Really? I'll fix this in our system right now!"

Now I wonder if I'd said to deliver it would I have needed to pay for the second one? You know, sort of a reverse scam. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration