Almost finished with my complete rebuild of my '26 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Almost finished with my complete rebuild of my '26 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 06:58 am:

We're almost finished doing a complete rebuild on my '26 Model T Coupe and it has been a fun project working with the LeBlanc brothers and Chet. I really can't thank them enough for all the help they have given me these last five months. We started last November tearing down and rebuilding the rear end. Among other things we installed 2 new axles, 2 neoprene outer grease seals, 2 modern roller bearing thrust washer assemblies, 1 modern inner oil seal set, 1 modern drive shaft pinion bearing kit and a u-joint knuckle pin, plus all new gaskets. Next we took the transmission to George King in North Franklin, CT where he magna-fluxed and replaced the 2 small drums, charged the magnets, faced both sides of the transmission drum shaft, rebabbitted the ball cap, machined it to fit, replaced the triple gear pins, shaft plug and bushing set, plus balanced everything. Then had Sanel's in Concord magna-fluxed and mill the block and head, hone the cylinders, polish the crank. While all this work was being done I had the cam reground and Chet did a fantastic valve job for me. The last, but not least was having the radiator cleaned, flow and pressure tested by Bob's radiator shop in Bow. This Saturday (for me it will be the best Christmas ever!!!!) we're going to put everything back in the coupe and I can start having fun driving it everywhere, no matter how cold it is I am driving Seabiscuit home!!!!

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8U-39WqDho

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 08:51 am:

As Ken likes to say "we don't get a lot of work done, but we do have a good time doing it". I would respectfully like to disagree. We started mid November, then took the Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years) off. In January took a trip down to North Franklin, CT to bring George the transmission. Then took the whole month of February off for snow plowing and removal!!!! So looking at what we have accomplished in the few weeks that we actually worked and watching Ken doing almost all the work, I think we did a great job.

Happy motoring,

Warren

ps: I hope you enjoy watching the videos I have posted and if you'd like I would appreciate your comments on YouTube or the forum and I will answer them all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRXtzr_LuoY

PPS: don't say anything to Ken as we don't want him to get a big head

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration