Wood fellow wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wood fellow wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 04:11 pm:

does anyone sell the wood fellow for a model t wheel? Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 04:15 pm:

The various wheel shops make them, and I expect they sell them separately, just like the spokes. But you have to be specific about what you want. They come in different styles and sizes. Just "Model T" isn't enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 04:55 pm:

Try Stutzmans. If you're thinking of reusing your old spokes, either get the new felloes undrilled so you can size the holes yourself for a good fit with what are probably somewhat worn spoke ends, or provide an exact size of the spoke ends to Stutzman.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 12:08 am:

Thanks guys I will make a phone call, all our wheels on our 12 are excellent original we are just giving them a fresh varnish after 50 years. I was going through the garage I have found enough parts to make a spare set and have some more wheels coming. We'll make a spare set in our spare time. Thanks again Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Giesbrecht on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 12:59 am:

Colin , try wheels of wood in Regina ph.306-586-8658 He did my wheels and am very happy with his work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 11:17 am:

Thanks Jerry I'll give them a call

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leonard J Evansic on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 11:49 am:

Living in PA, and having several Amish wheel builders around me, I had thoughts about rebuilding my wheels for my 15. I bought the two difference sizes of fellows needed for the T from the Amish, and had accumulated many spokes needed for the job.
Unfortunately, I was running out of time, and fortunately Calamer's was just down the road.
The time I got to spend in his shop, told me I made the right decision. My wood shop is complete, and I also have a 12x36 Lathe and a Bridgeport. After seeing what is involved in making a perfect wheel, I was very happy I chose a pro to build my wheels.---Len

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration