Independence Oregon 1st Street-+hoto

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Independence Oregon 1st Street-+hoto
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 05:09 pm:

It seems as though that hoss is fixin' to go the wrong way on a one-way street. It also seems as though the car with the man squatting down in front of it has suffered a Failure To Proceed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

I think the guy squatting down in front of that car is showing the others how he can crank his car with his teeth! :-)

Another great photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 05:26 pm:

Converted to greyscale, sharpened, and adjustments to brightness and contrast:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

Mark,
Did you know there is a Hillsboro, Oregon?

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

Do any of the cars have drivers or passengers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 10:35 pm:

How it looks today from not quite the same angle.

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 01:43 am:

Oh yeah, .... THAT'S an improvement ! FTD !

I hope everyone is wearing helmets and working on their "self esteem" (insert puking icon here)

On a happier note, L-to-R: ??? , Franklin, Ford. Whatever that ??? car is on the left, it sure does
have a long hood !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 02:33 am:

I don't think that's a Franklin. It looks as though it has a brass radiator, or at least some kind of shiny broad strip around the hood opening. Franklins were painted right up to the edge of the opening, with maybe a thin brass trim strip. Also, I don't believe any barrel-front Franklins had flared fenders like that. That said, I don't have a good guess as to what it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 05:55 am:

I do not know what the car with the long hood is? But my first guess would be Thomas Flyer six? I know a bunch of cars it is not. I do think that the car next to it is a Pope Hartford. Probably about 1908 based on the fenders. The Ford next to it is about 1911. (How is that for a guess? One year either way and I am close!) The car behind the T Ford looks vaguely familiar, but I cannot place it.
I really can't find enough detail to identify any other cars in the picture. The one along the side of the building looks like it could be a T? Or maybe not. Anyone else care to stick their neck out?
A wonderful photo! Thanks Herb and all.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 06:20 am:

Here's another discussion about early cars with barrel hoods except Franklin:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/507193.html?1420389169

National and Cameron were suggested. Some type of european import could also be an unlikely possibility?

1904 National:
national

1907 air cooled Cameron:
cameron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 07:21 am:

Wayne,

Not bad on your estimate of the year. The items below narrow it down a little more to 1909-10. And the bills on the front fender indicate it is generally considered after the first 2500 cars. (Ref: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/1909.htm )

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration