Model N for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model N for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 06:44 am:

Ford Model N for sale on E-bay.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Other-2-Row-Phaeton-/121605450807?forcerrptr=true&h ash=item1c503fec37&item=121605450807#ht_158wt_900

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 07:31 am:

Looks like a good opportunity for someone to join the pre-T crowd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 07:34 am:

The same seller offers this Torpedo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Torpedo-Runabout-/121606217375?forcerrptr=t rue&hash=item1c504b9e9f&item=121606217375

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 08:14 am:

Now if i could just remember what tree i buried the sack full of money under i would have all three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 08:36 am:

Those are absolutely wretched pictures. Good heavens man, hold the bloody camera STILL! Or you know, take another picture since it's super duper easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 09:09 am:

Looks like a nice Model N. the oiler is correct, and it has an aftermarket magneto added (nice). According to Trent Boggess's Ford ledger research, car numbers 2622 and 2624 (either side of the number plate on this N) were sold/shipped on January 29, 1907.

The questions I would have are, how are the engine and transmission? Fortunately, many new transmission parts are available. If anyone on the forum is interested or buys it, I hope you consider joining the Early Ford Registry club.

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 09:29 am:

someone should tell him its a 1912 torpedo..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 11:00 am:

He is probably going by the date of the serial number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 04:20 pm:

late 1912 Torpedo with the horn bulb inside the drivers door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

The N is a better deal than the 12. The N to me looks pretty lovely. I used to have an N, but that one that had a lot of repro parts. This one looks very good from what i can see. Even the original body number tag, often missing. Body's probably original too. Given the posted price and his statement the prices are very flexible, could be a deal. What's the serial 2623?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

If I wasn't so broke, I would be very interested in that model N! It looks like a better deal than any of the past half dozen NRS I have seen ads for. If I sold all three of my "together" Ts, it wouldn't be enough. Or I would consider it.

The '12 Torpedo looks pretty good for what I can tell from the bad pictures. I think it may be a bit over-priced however. Recent sales have been for considerably more money, however in much nicer (or more desirable truly original) condition. Cannot tell from the eBad listing just how "right" or how solid the car is. It may be a decent fun/tour car as is with just a little work. But to be a nice car? It would require a significant cosmetic going over. And you all should know how those usually work out.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 04:12 am:

The Torpedo is as others have commented, a 1912. The steering column and coil box are both later 1915/16 style. I would like to see some good pictures of the engine and driveline before bidding on this one. Early parts are hard to find and if this one has an incorrect rear end, chassis etc the starting price should be much lower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 04:29 am:

Looks like a high head as well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 04:56 am:

(Steering column has the large horn wire tube, 1918 or later)
(I spotted that sometime after my first comments. I would recommend looking closely before bidding. I still like the N. Actually, I still would like the '12 Torpedo, but priced accordingly to how correct it is and condition.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

I sold a really nice 1912 Torpedo on ebay a couple of months ago. New fenders, hood radiator, wheels, tires and splash aprons. Much better than this one and more authentic. It fetched $26,100.

At 30, it way over priced by my estimation, I'm thinking $15-17,00. Interesting how well placed the trouble light is on the engine photo so you can't tell if its a low placed serial number.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

Someone will scoop it up for a decent offer less than 30, I bet theres a bunch of guys sitting at home right now trying to convince their wives to let them purchase it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

I think the N is fairly priced.. The 12 torpedo is about 10K high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

The Torpedo looks to me like a good candidate for restoration at about 12,500. Hard to tell much about it from the pics but I can tell you it needs pretty close to $1000 correct carb instead of what is on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Yea, 17K for the torpedo seems about right to me. 20 K is on the high side. $30 K for the N is a bit high as well. But the guy is accepting offers. I'd think at $25K he'd have a taker. Its hard to move high priced cars. You have to give the buyer an incentive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

the N sold for best offer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 07:36 pm:

Aren't those the wrong front fenders for an '11 Torpedo? Definitely the wrong color! Would be interesting to see the engine number too, as I believe the round fuel tank was the later models.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 01:52 pm:

It is 20 k or best now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Torpedo-Runabout-/121606217375?forcerrptr=t rue&hash=item1c504b9e9f&item=121606217375

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in SE Connecticut on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

If the N Sold for best offer, why did the seller pull the trigger before the end of the listing? I had convinced myself I'd pay 30k, sent him a message that I was interested and it sold about 5 min later. I just figured it sold for full price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

It sold for 28k best offer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration