STAN HOWE . . looks like you've been hacked!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: STAN HOWE . . looks like you've been hacked!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 10:24 am:

Don't open the Oprah site, if you get Stan's e mail.
Pretty sure his e mail has been hacked!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 10:42 am:

http://www.techlicious.com/tip/what-to-do-when-your-email-gets-hacked/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 11:55 am:

Whatever this is, it sent the email out to 19 addresses from over 2,000 addresses in my email account. Like Ross said, if you get it don't open it.

Ed, thanks for the info. My guess would be that since I have been traveling a lot the last few months and have had to use some motel computers in places where my Verizon tablet won't work that some malware got some addresses. I changed some passwords and ran a malware scan. Hopefully that will do it.

Sorry for the problem. I get a lot of this crap from other sources in the course of a month and my policy is to not open any suspicious link. Probably a good policy for everybody. If you think the link might be real, just email the sender and ask. If not, hit delete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

I got it too - it had a lot of Model T folks copied into the CC line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 12:08 pm:

Like I've said before (i.e. Jack Daron), this email didn't come from Stan. It came from

eduardgracia@escolaelisabeth.com

The sender somehow got emails from Stan likely from an email that was forwarded around the net. There's nothing you can do about it except change your email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

I know on thing for sure, Stan would not have anything to do with Oprah. No self respecting cowboy would.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

It is called being spoofed and it happened to me last year..change your passwords and it'll go away in about a week or so when the thieves determine nothing is financially fruitful. Just a huge annoyance for the interim. Thanks to Home Depot's hacking- they acquired my email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

Somehow my cousins insurance company got hacked awhile back. Him and his wife went to do their taxes online. Red flag. Turns out some hacker had done their taxes and was fixen to draw a bunch of money. Has been a big hassle for my cousin to deal with. 180 days before it can be resolved at the earliest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 11:49 am:

I noticed it in my spam folder!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration