Model T... the Tesla Model S of its time

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T... the Tesla Model S of its time
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 02:40 pm:

This article is a couple of years old and many of you might have read it already but I think it's an amusing read. You can even pick up the author's sneaking admiration of the T through his otherwise "horrified" narrative.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/automotive-revolutions-100-years-apart-how-the -past-predicts-the-future-of-driving/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernd Murrmann, Germany on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 03:31 pm:

During one of my test runs before I registered my Model T last summer, I visited a friend in a neighboring place.

And - what a surprise - a Telsa S parked in front of his property. Tesla cars are very rare in Germany and this was the second time I have seen one on the road.

No question, it is a very fascinating car.

Automobile 0.9 meets automobile 2.0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 12:54 am:

For an interesting comparison of the two cars, take a look at last year's Car and Driver. The Model T drove further.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 10:04 am:

I think comparing the Model T to a car that is nothing more than an overpriced curiosity - the Tesla S - is selling the Model T short. The Tesla S will never have anything comparable to the success of the Model T Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

Heard a 110 years ago: "Ain't no cantankerous, stinking, rattling, noisy, road hogging, oil dripping, palooten, machine ever going to replace a good dependable horse."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

Good thing that Tesla S didn't have a center pedal. Considering what he thought it was for on the T.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration