Vintage Fordson tracked tractor with blade on ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Vintage Fordson tracked tractor with blade on ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 11:28 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fordson-Antique-Farm-Tractor-/261822499601?pt=LH_Default Domain_0&hash=item3cf5d64b11

No connection but cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-TRACKSON-MODEL-F-FULL-CRAWLERS-FOR-FORDSON-TRACTORS- PARTS-LIST-892-/131445624725?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9ac50f95

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 01:33 am:

That looks like a wicked brute to operate. Tracked Fordsons are steered only by braking the track on one side, without being able to release a clutch supplying power to that side, as newer track laying machines do. Also, cranking it must be a chore behind that blade.
I have a Fordson, 1917 vintage, last drove it twenty years ago. It looks great out by the fence in front of my property. Last week some artists stopped by and asked if they could sketch it. I said go for it. Their work looked more like an abandoned tractor than the real thing. I have oiled and greased everything and crank the engine over once in a while so that some person in the future with more time than I have may get it running again. I just have too much to do beyond that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 07:22 am:

That is the one Ron has been after in the doodlebug thread. I really wish he would go buy it, but it is easy for me to spend someone else's money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 09:39 am:

I would like to be able to clic "add to cart" but I have to many projects now .But that thing is cool. I did not know they had hydraulics back then for the blade lift. Most Cat's of that era were cable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 08:46 am:

Mark - you are killing me by bumping this up!! Had almost forgot about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 09:03 am:

That Fordson has a Trackson conversion and would be a very worthy project. It's on the wrong coast for me. I hauled one for Fred Houston to Chickasha this year. Not rare but not common either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 09:19 am:

Tracking all that John (no pun intended). It popped on Craigslist before it showed up on EBay and I've been watching it since. Been debating taking a drive to look at it (it's about an hour from me), since condition details are few. All sort of dependent on whether she's loose or stuck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 10:17 am:

Ron -- Since you're way deep into conversion tractors, I can't believe you haven't been to check this one out! Only an hour's drive? Take $2,000 in cash and you'll probably be bringing it home. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 10:28 am:

Mike - I have been wrestling with this for weeks. I have three projects ongoing now - the T/IHC mower bug, the T power unit and the T saw rig (which is still sitting on my trailer from bringing it home last December - wheels had turned to powder and had to refurbish a set in the basement to get it down). But it IS a Trackson...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

Ron you can never have to many projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

Normally, I'd agree John, but the owner finally wrote me back about 2 hours ago and confirmed her engine is stuck. That pretty much decided it for me right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 02:11 pm:

That would be great for tidying up the old homestead before company arrives.

Use it to push all the junk - whoops, I mean valuable antique cars and parts - lying around the property to the back forty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

Ron, to bad on the stuck engine, it would have to be cheap to buy it. I am thinking 1000-1500 would be more reasonable. Judging by his asking price, I don't think he would come down that far----but you never know. If it doesn't sell, you might just be able to get it for that.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration