OT Looking for a wireless backup camera for Trailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Looking for a wireless backup camera for Trailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Guys: Has anyone used a wireless backup camera on their trailer? Looking for input for the best one. Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 08:55 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 09:04 am:

I have a "Swift Hitch" that is probably 8 years old which magnetically clamps to the truck tailgate and enables me to position the ball of the hitch directly under the receiver...

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=swi ft%20hitch%20sh01

An older model...image on the screen is reversed which makes for a lot of "trial and error" - (left & right, as in mirror image). I was told the newer models have a different image, which eliminates that difficulty. (An upgrade is available for my device, but it costs more than I care to spend.

All things considered, I'm satisfied with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 09:17 am:

Dan, I bought a YADA with a 4.3" screen on Amazon, it is wireless and the camera is adjustable up and down and has distance markings , also night vision, I think it was around $100.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 09:50 am:

Dan,
That YADA item that Rick has seems like a better product than mine. ..and less expensive.

DAve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 02:44 pm:

Thanks guys, but I am looking at the ones that go on the Back and SIDES of a enclosed trailer or camper. These are used to watch the back of trailer when you back up or change lanes. Any one use one of these? Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Georgetown Ontario Canada on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 03:16 pm:

I have one on the back of my trailer - not wireless though. Bought it from Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-Full-Truck-Trailer-Reversing-Kit-7-LCD-Monitor-Backu p-2-CCD-IR-Camera-12V-/181567141833?hash=item2a463eb7c9

I have it powered all the time so I can use it while driving on the highway to see if anyone is in my blind spots

Cheapie setup but works great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 03:44 am:

http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/car-video/back-up-cameras-and-systems.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Mottashed on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 09:06 pm:

Dan,

On my current 28' trailer I use a (mostly) wireless system from RVCams: http://www.rvcams.com/p/Trailer_Systems/WVOS713AP.html It's expensive, but works really well. It does not have side cameras, but I suggest you call them to discuss. They are really helpful.

I've not had much luck with cheap wireless backup cams just on the back of my truck, so I wasn't interested in trial & error on reaching the back of the trailer. I went for the big spend.

You have to wire the camera from the back of the trailer to a transmitter on the front, but it's wireless from there to the cab of the tow vehicle. Very convenient.

...Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

I am considering one for a new trailer I ordered yesterday. It is 8.5 x 18 x 9 feet tall. Considering a wired one from Amazon.com for around $90.00.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration