Old family photos T's and other makes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old family photos T's and other makes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hallett on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

Hello all, I don't post very often but I do a lot of reading here,so today I thought I would experiment with posting some family photos. All of these photos I believe all were taken in Vernon co. near Retreat,Wis. with the exception of #8 which was taken out east. Not all of these photos have names and dates on them but I do know who some of them are.Picture #4 is my mothers brother and grand father June 1927,#8 is my grand fathers brother on dads side, #9 is my grand mother on moms side, the year this picture was taken is not known but she was born in 1900, so judging from the photo maybe 1917 or 18? I hope someone will identify the cars in pictures 8 and 9.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Saxon, maybe 1914 or 15 (pics 9 & 10) and maybe a Buick? (8)

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

Tell us more about that saw rig.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

the hub cap looks more like an olds. but i think it is a gm car for sure going buy the body.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hallett on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 02:57 pm:

Thanks for your thoughts on the cars Richard. Herb I don't know much about the tractor with the saw other then My grand father on moms side. Written on the photo is "Roy Hill on farm near Retreat, Wis. mid 20s". On the other tractor photo is "wallis tractor perhaps Roy hill in the center". That all ma knew about the photos. The car in pic 9 n 10 has a tire patch that is laced on the front tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 04:01 pm:

Could be Charley. That space between the hood lovers should be a hint. The first tractor has a Fordson look but I know enough not to commit myself.

:0) Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 04:35 pm:

Looks like a 1916 Ford touring in picture 1,5 and 7. The coupe in picture 2,3 and 4 looks like a 1925 Ford since it had balloon tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 04:47 pm:

Looks like Model T head lights on the saw rig tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 06:23 pm:

Thank you Roger!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 10:48 pm:

I think photo #7 tractor is a Wallis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

Sorry Roger. I thought I had read all the posts and didn't miss anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hallett on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Thanks to all that supplied information on the two cars in question and to those with comments. I searched out some Saxon photos and found one that look like the one above, so I believe it is a 1914 Saxon. The other car I believe to a 1917 Buick Six Model D-44 roadster.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration