Hydraulic brakes?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hydraulic brakes?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza, north adams ma on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

watch the underfloor veiw, there is a master cylinder. Then look close at the end of vid and see there are hoses going into the small drum brakes? Anyone know the car? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6InTr1teiU8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 05:51 pm:

The car is a later '12 with the slab side body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

Took this screen shot of the rear hub and plumbing.

Believe those brakes were made years ago, and sold somewhat, but at time many thought too much$ for stopping.

The mfg. discontinued the production. Would be good again I think, if today's product liability doesn't prevent it from happening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza, north adams ma on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

I do really like them, very unobtrusive and looks like they would be a decent improvement in use with the service brake. Also looks ad though it would not be difficult to fab up. Anyone have them in use or some good pics with wheel off? Thanx for the info Dan!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 08:38 pm:

I love the way they are made to be so cleverly un-obtrusive. I believe they were discontinued due to some legal proceedings brought against the maker. This is likely the reason you cannot by a ready-to-fit set of new AC brakes. You buy what you can and then use them as you see fit!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

I have a set of those brakes originally made by Roger Lee, N. Attleboro Mass. I took them off as they froze up from years of sitting and I didn't care for the way they worked much anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

The folks are still in business, maybe they have a set left over you, David.

... the TECHNIBRAKE trademark by TECHNICORE, INC. in North Attleborough, ... C. Manoogian of Carriage Court, 149 Pleasant Street, Attleboro, MA 02703

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/24281.html?1193146987

More information from Roger Lee's son, Robert, regarding these brakes for anyone interested. From the 2007 forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message By Robert E. Lee on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 01:03 pm:

After reading several questions and comments regarding the Technicore (Techni-Brake)system, I feel an informational response is in order.
Roger Lee of No. Dighton, MA.developed this system. Roger was an automobile enthusiast his entire life. He restored his first Model T in the early 1950's and the first Model A in 1956. The second Model A, restored in 1962-1964, won first in class at the 1964 Newport Motor Car Festival, and was Feature Car of The Month in Hemmings Motor News Volumn 13,Number 6. He owned many Model T's along with a 1932 Buick Touring and a 1936 Ford Phaeton. He belonged to, and was active in, MTFCA, SSAAC, AACA and MARC. Roger designed and developed the Technicore system out of his desire to dependably stop his own Model T without distracting from the appearance of his car. He was so successful in accomplishing this, that many friends and T owners requested a system also. He accomodated by starting a small company for the manufacture of these brakes. Roger was a meticulous toolmaker and machinist with safety, quality, dependability at a reasonable price, priority requirements for this system. I feel that his goal was met. Those that feel the system was "pricey" may not realize the costs involved. Of the 93, all new, pieces in the kit, 37 were made here in New England using casting, laser cutting, photo etching and machining technologies and manufactured to exacting tolerances. All items needed for installation were included in the kit, as well as concise instructions. Trips to the local hardware store or salvage yard were unnecessary.

Roger passed in 2003. Miss you Dad, Happy motoring.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

David,That is the Technibrake system that Roger Lee made. I purchased the kit in 1996. I have been running it ever since on my 1911. A fellow bought
the parts and the business after Roger Passed. I know the fellow. I have been trying to get him to put them back on the market.I feel that the Technibrake system is better than the Rocky Mountain Brakes and it looks better than the Disk brakes. My brakes are nice coming down a mountain.They also work in the rain.
Send me a email and I will give you his name and phone no.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration