Favored Nut & Bolt Sources ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Favored Nut & Bolt Sources ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

Imagine this ... as I start tearing into my T, I am discovering
former agents of the greater repair have failed to keep the truck
entirely held together with correct nuts and bolts, often using
types not available when Henry was making T's ! Shocking, I know.

Not only that, but many originals and replacement alike appear
to be fairing worse for wear after 90 years and could use corrective
replacement as well.

So, a trip to my local supplier with the oodles of little bins of
everything imaginable proved that the T-common oval head 10-32
is not available, with only the coarser 10-24 thread in stock.

This leads me to ask, where are others getting bulk supplies of
the various T nuts and bolts to repair worn stuff and get rid of the
hex nuts and phillips head screws ?

No sense reinventing the wheel here. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

Mc Master-Carr and Fastenal are two sources. Rv Anderson also makes a lot of correct period fasteners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

I get a lot of fasteners from www.boltdepot.com. You can order singles and boxes full. Many hard to find including brass. I have no connection to them, I just appreciate the selection and good service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Bolt Depot doesn't seem to want to let a person push past the
fact they have 18-8 stainless machine screws. Ironically their little
motto is "fastener shopping made easy" !

I'll see if McM-C and Fastenal are any more user friendly. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Milford, Ohio on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

I have http://www.blacksmithbolt.com/ bookmarked. Many styles of square head bolts and nuts, and nice screws.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration