1923 MODEL T SET CAR FROM BOARDWALK EMPIRE FOR SALE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1923 MODEL T SET CAR FROM BOARDWALK EMPIRE FOR SALE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 07:19 pm:

How much does being used in Boardwalk Empire add to the price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-STANDARD-1923-ford-model-t-set-car-for-boar dwalk-empire-atlantic-city-history-l-k-/221713746813?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33 9f2b4b7d&item=221713746813&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&rmvsb=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

There's been a few Ts claiming to be Boardwalk Empire stars - couple of sedans, couple of trucks - that have been popping up on EBay and Craigslist lately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 08:36 pm:

Maybe $5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

Good example of what happens when you neglect to wipe off the water around the spark plugs after washing a Model T. The water will just sit in those "wells" for a long time before drying up.

By the way, it's a 1924.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

and it's NEW condition!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 12:47 pm:

Must be 7 or 8 thousand going by the asking price...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 01:00 pm:

Description says its converted to electronic ignition, but the photos sure look like a standard T set-up. Maybe a true- fire in the coil box? (At least I think those things are called "true-fire".)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 01:29 pm:

Yes, it looks like a decent car for about half the asking price. I inquired what kind of electronic ignition, so we'll see if I get an answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 02:29 pm:

Just because you see a key in an ignition switch means nothing. When the remake of "Lolita" was filmed at the museum I worked at, I helped the transportation captain load the set cars back on the car carrier to be transported to another location. They didn't have keys for the antique cars, but had switches under the dash that you flipped to start them.

During the film "Secrets" with Veronica Hamil which was also filmed there, they used a 1916 Model T with white tires, that the transportation guy actually had to hand crank, because they had not monkeyed with it. Ms. Hamil was not pleased with having to learn to drive this car, I was told.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

What's with the steering wheel? Haven't seen one like that before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

It's made by the Seng Spring Co.

I have one like it although not on my car. It's a locking type wheel, where the wheel spins freely when the driver disables it with a key.

Originally, the spider is a wood-grained steel stamping. I can't remember what the ring that appears like a horn ring does. Been a while since I've taken a good look at it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

It seem like 7 to 8 is about what a lot of the closed cars of that era go for. I don't see anything exceptional here. "ALL WOOD IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION!!" What wood I see could be nice dry tight original wood But also could be waiting for problems. I doubt it has been re-wooded. Nice upholstery kit but has some small problems. Window regulators look to be the early AX, or CX type (placement of crank handle). My '25 Tudor is a nice solid restoration and I doubt I could get 9 or 10 for it.
Just my thoughts.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 06:24 pm:

Now if the car was traceable to a silent era movie it might be worth something closer to what they are asking.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration