LEAF PEEPER TOUR

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: LEAF PEEPER TOUR
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

It looks like the annual LEAF PEEPER TOUR will be a four day hub tour out of Steamboat Springs. Tentatively the dates will be September 28th,29th,30th and October 1st. There are a lot of interesting destinations out of Steamboat. Some of the possibilities are:
1. STEAMBOAT LAKE This is a nice drive
along the Elk River.
2. HAYDEN, there is a huge electric plant in
Hayden that give very interesting plant
tours.
3. OAK CREEK; there is an interesting life
time collection of items at a man's place
The last time we were there the Ts
were loaded with treasures.
4. RABBIT EARS PASS AND MUDDY CREEK LAKE. On
one of the tours one of the guys cought
real nice trout. We could have a catered
lunch at the lake.
5. GORE PASS AND RABBIT EARS PASS circle day
tour.
At this time the four tours have not been decided.

We will also try to schedule a Tram Ride and lunch on the top of the Steamboat Ski Area.

For more information email Dave Huson at modelt1912@msn.com. Please don't use the message board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 11:57 pm:

Rabbit Ears Pass

Rabbit Ears Pass

Steamboat Vally

Aspen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

Hey Dave,

Been There - Done That :-) :-) :-) !!!

Would love to do it again some day.

be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 10:39 am:

Bob: Nice looking car. There used to be a fox that hung around that sign. I sure all the people that stopped to take a picture fed him. I don't see him any more. There is another sign just West of that sign now.

steep

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 02:40 pm:

Dave,

These were on the CO/WY III tour. We had a great time.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 05:44 pm:

Okay, if everyone else is posting their Continental Divide pictures from Rabbit Ears Pass, then I guess I will too.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 06:00 pm:

Bob Cascisa: Battle Pass (Battle Mountain) is where the Doctor from South Dakota hooked on to another T and pulled them to the top. He pulled them a long way up that steep grade. I think that is the same place down the Western side where I hi a deep cattle guard doing about 45 and blew up my Ruckstell.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

Dave

I remember that cattle guard. It scared the heck out of me too. I almost blew out my skivvies!!!

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

Bob: In Colorado CDOT always posts a sign before a cattle guard, apparently in Wyoming they do not do that. Anyway that was a very deep cattle guard.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 09:21 pm:

Driving my speedster, I snapped the top off of a king pin on one of the cattle guards on that tour. Probably that one. Just the head broke off, the shaft still came up almost to the top of the axle eye. Dave was good enough to pick a replacement up for me and I swapped it in a parking lot.

I've attended a couple of the tours in Colorado. One National and two of the Colorado/Wyoming tours Dave and company have hosted. Great people and a beautiful place to tour. Need to do the Leaf Peeper too, not sure I I can get it in this year though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

Dave,

We won't be able to join you this year. We are doing the late model car tour with my sister this year, starting in Red Lodge Montana and working our way to Loveland. I am planning on being in Steamboat right around Oct 1. Hopefully we can see you then.

Ron and Linda Dupree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Ron, who is going to be the Leaf Peeper tour that will take all the neat pictures that you Linda have always taken. You seem to have a touch for picture taking.

A typical Ran Dupree picture below.

picture

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration